Response to my email shows as 3 hrs earlier

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Thunderphil

Response to my email shows as 3 hrs earlier

Post by Thunderphil »

I sent an email to a friend in another country and another timezone at 8.42pm my time.
The reply came back time stamped at 5.55pm my time and almost 3 hours earlier and obviously hidden down the list of all emails received after 5.55pm.
Not good when you are looking at the top of the list where you are expecting to see it.
In fact I only saw it by chance after it had been received about 10 minutes earlier.
Time is of great importance.
Can anything be done?
tanstaafl

Re: Response to my email shows as 3 hrs earlier

Post by tanstaafl »

Use control-U or view -> message source and find the Date: header. Check whether its correct. Its not clear yet if its a display (Thunderbird's fault) or a header problem (senders fault).
Thunderphil

Post by Thunderphil »

Thanks for that. Control-U works and shows a big page of data about the email but also includes about 5 different times which are all different so I am confused as to how to interpret them.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Ignore the multiple Received: headers, which also have a time/date stamp. The time/date display in the folder listing is based on the Date: header.

See https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-underst ... rs-1170524 for how to interpret the Date: header