Random freeze overload crash is back with F57

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Bryskens

Random freeze overload crash is back with F57

Post by Bryskens »

I notice that its impossible for me to get
crashed session rescued by Firefox own crash session restore, "ops seems like there is a problem getting back your session" and when manually restore anyway Firefox and entire computer with it, will stop respond untill you manage to kill firefox proces.

However if i pick an outdated autosave from a session manager it will load that without freezeload ing

So Firefox now harms the session when confronted with this type of freeze crash that have reapeared for me after i beated it last time without know what i did.

So i have read this article
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/in ... of-firefox
Will it fix anything in this case you think to make a rollback to previous v?

2. I notice i have 3 Firefox.exe processes active, is that normal?
therube

Re: Random freeze overload crash is back with F57

Post by therube »

2. yes. e10's, multiprocess
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

therube wrote: e10's
pardon me, but what does that mean in saxon

I don't like the fact that i will not receive security updates if i rollback? :),
Are you (anyone) sure you don't know anything that could have been reset with F57 that re-created this problem?
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Possibly a corrupted profile. I was seeing very similar problems - more extreme in fact, as Firefox didn't even recognise that it had crashed.

For me, the only thing that worked was to create a completely new profile, importing only my bookmarks, favicons and userchrome file. I'd previously gone down the established route, importing all the recommended files, but I immediately saw the same behaviour in the first new profile, so it was obviously something corrupted somewhere in the files I'd copied over.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Same issues I'm having I think.
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

Vitesse wrote:Possibly a corrupted profile. I was seeing very similar problems - more extreme in fact, as Firefox didn't even recognise that it had crashed.

For me, the only thing that worked was to create a completely new profile, importing only my bookmarks, favicons and userchrome file. I'd previously gone down the established route, importing all the recommended files, but I immediately saw the same behaviour in the first new profile, so it was obviously something corrupted somewhere in the files I'd copied over.
Who are the recommanded files? there must be more than favicons and userchrome file

I have alot of profiles, i don't even have any userChrome.css in any profile

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?tit ... ntable=yes
If you have more than one profile, then each of your profiles has a separate userChrome.css file.

"Go to your profile folder. Then go to the chrome folder there, creating it if necessary."

Possible not necessary? since i have had crashes anyway?
therube

Post by therube »

Bryskens wrote:
therube wrote: e10's
pardon me, but what does that mean in saxon
Multiprocess Firefox
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript