T-Bird 57 can't can't get or change persoan

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
janlafata

T-Bird 57 can't can't get or change persoan

Post by janlafata »

I finally made the jump to the new Firefox Quantum and was pretty impressed with it so I figured I would go ahead and upgrade T-Bird to. (Version 57) but I can't get any persona or these to add some color with it. If I have to stick with that blue forever I'll go bonkers!
tanstaafl

Re: T-Bird 57 can't can't get or change persoan

Post by tanstaafl »

I'm using personas that I installed using the menu added via the legacy version of the persona plus add-on with 52.5 and a recent nightly build. I'm not at home so I can't check what version that nightly build is. Some APIs are being dropped in recent builds due to changes made in the Mozilla toolkit.

Try Version 1.8.3 from the version list for https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... onas-plus/ . Or chose a different legacy persona add-on.

However, I suggest you stick with the release build for now, and give the developers time to get a better handle on the impact of the changes in the Mozilla toolkit.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

You should expect many add-ons and themes to break in Thunderbird 57 and newer because they need to be updated.

If you encounter a problem and it doesn't reproduce in Thunderbird safe mode then you should report the issue to the author of the theme or add-on that you determine to be involved. There is typciall a "support site" link on their download page. You can also see a running list of reported issues at https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/t ... ort-issues that are NOT thunderbird bugs, and add your own.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Builds.