Can we now identify one webpage from another in TaskMan?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
GatesIsAntiChrist

Can we now identify one webpage from another in TaskMan?

Post by GatesIsAntiChrist »

Wow, massive changes to FX. So can we FINALLY tell which of several currently loaded webpages is the one sucking massive CPU in Task Manager? Please say yes! This has been a nightmare for years and years.
M$ Outlook: Preview on:spam initated!and/or virus ignited! Preview off:you CAN'T view the message header. You must OPEN the message to view the ALREADY DOWNLOADED HEADER! No joke-try it! Say it with me: M$ DOES NOT UNDERSTAND COMPUTERS!
dfoulkes

Re: Can we now identify one webpage from another in TaskMan?

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't use the latest Firefox... and I did a search for something like you mentions... could not find anything...but, maybe this extension will help?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -unloader/
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Re: Can we now identify one webpage from another in TaskMan?

Post by therube »

I don't think that individual pages are identifiable by a particular process thread of FF.

It is more different aspects of browser operation are now separated into their own process thread.

So while you may not be able to kill a single tab, you may be able to kill an entire process thread - which will likely kill multiple tabs, though you wouldn't necessarily know which - & hopefully it would do it without crashing the browser entirely.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript