Address Book Does Not Open

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
baumgrenze

Address Book Does Not Open

Post by baumgrenze »

When I click on Window > Address Book in a Mail Window, the my address book fails to open.

I find the address book at

c:\Users\"MyName"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\"8 char code".default

and I can view it, even 'gather' it in ZTreeWin and paste it into Word. It is a 312 page document!

But it does not open.

I want to create a new mailing list and I'm frustrated.

I can send mail to lists I've created.

What am I missing?

thanks
baumgrenze
Thanks,

Baumgrenze
DanRaisch

Re: Address Book Does Not Open

Post by DanRaisch »

and I can view it, even 'gather' it in ZTreeWin and paste it into Word. It is a 312 page document!
What's the name of the file you are referring to?
baumgrenze

Post by baumgrenze »

I solved my own immediate problem by shutting down all my SM windows and reopening the program.

Ugh.

Now that I can create one I learned that it is 'inadvisable' to hit <ESCAPE> in the process. I my hands that closed the create a new mist drop down box and I lost all trace of it.

thanks
baumgrenze
Thanks,

Baumgrenze
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

baumgrenze wrote:I my hands that closed the create a new mist drop down box and I lost all trace of it.
Can you try again on this sentence, please? Try as I might, I can't grasp what you meant to say there.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
baumgrenze

Post by baumgrenze »

I'm having increasing vision problems. Frequently I miss that I've hit the wrong key.

I wrote:

Now that I can create one I learned that it is 'inadvisable' to hit <ESCAPE> in the process. I my hands that closed the create a new mist drop down box and I lost all trace of it.

I should have edited it to read

Now that I can create one I learned that it is 'inadvisable' to hit <ESCAPE> in the process.

"In my hands that closed the 'create a new list' drop-down box and I lost all trace of it."

I hope this makes more sense. The <ESCAPE> key can cause problems if it is invoked when a problem is encountered creating a new mailing list.

Thanks for your persistent interest,

baumgrenze
Thanks,

Baumgrenze