New user needs set-up help, please....

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
TDV

New user needs set-up help, please....

Post by TDV »

Hello

I am new to seamonkey, and found problems to configure a few things.

1) How, where, can I set my homepage?

2) How, where, can I set the search engine I want?

3) When I open a webpage with an embedded video in FF, there is a symbol to click to go the full page version. When I open the identical site in seamonkey, there is no symbol.

How do I get a full page video?

Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: New user needs set-up help, please....

Post by DanRaisch »

1) Menu path Edit->Preferences->Browser->in the box below "Clicking the Home button..." enter the URL you wish to use as your home page.

2) Menu path Edit->Preferences->Browser->Internet Search->select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.

3) What's a specific URL where you see that difference?

If you don't see the menu bar displayed press Alt+E to display the Edit menu or first press Alt+V to display the View menu then select Show/Hide->click on "Menu bar"
TDV

Post by TDV »

Thank You, works only partially....

1) I want to use the Speed Dial Page, and that does not have a URL, right?
2) Now I got search page and one wikipedia version. I want to add IMDB search and wikipedia en. And how can I choose which of the four search sites to use, is there a drop down menu with the listed search engines?
3) ANY website that strams....
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The search bar should be in the customize window. You should be able to put it on a toolbar. Open that window by right-clicking between icons on a toolbar and choosing customize.
TDV

Post by TDV »

Thank you, but that is where is already is. But it does not offer a drop down menu with my choices, it simply uses the first choice...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Speed Dial Page
To what "Speed Dial Page" are you referring? Do you have some extension installed?
TDV

Post by TDV »

No, I am using the speed DIal page that is avaialble, and does NOT Have a URL (and that is the smallest Problem I have with seamonkey)

Is there a way that actually REALLY allows me to prevent pop upo on streaming sites?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

As far as I am aware, SeaMonkey doesn't have the "Speed Dial" page (actually most visited) as Firefox does. The only options for opening new tabs or windows are a blank page, selected home page, or last page visited.

You'll have to identify specific sites that you are finding problematic because there are "pop ups" and then there are "pop ups". How to prevent them may depend on how the site is delivering them.
TDV

Post by TDV »

Thank you for trying, and yes, it does have a speed dial page...

But as you see, not one of the three questions i asked could answered, and I would have had a long list to go... seamonkey has no real advantages but obniously a lot more disadvantages than Ff, so I uninstalled it again.
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

Any chance you could take a screenshot of the speed dial page? I want to see what it looks like.