Crazy out of control autofill

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
f1jim

Crazy out of control autofill

Post by f1jim »

I have an autofill problem driving me crazy. Not sure if it's Firefox(quantum) or a Yahoo mail problem.
Every time I am in Yahoo mail it tries to autofill several boxes such as search mail and subject with the letters "on." I think I tried using them some time back and now I can't let go of them. It puts "on" in without a prompt and I have to erase it each time. I have tried disabling autofill in several places. I have completely erased my history.
I'm lost. Any suggestions?
Thanks
f1jim
the-edmeister

Re: Crazy out of control autofill

Post by the-edmeister »

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Featur ... ailability

Auto Fill is only available for Address Autofill and Credit Card Autofill, it shouldn't affect webmail search and subject fields.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
f1jim

Post by f1jim »

Thanks for that. So is this a problem in the mail page or is it a Firefox issue?
f1jim
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Have you erased your search and form history? That's what would "autofill" most input boxes on a webpage.

You can also put your cursor into the box, press the down arrow, highlight the term and press delete (or maybe shift+delete).
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
f1jim

Post by f1jim »

When I use the down arrow is brings up a list of 6 entries that contain the letters "on." They are legitimate entries in my address book. It's odd the minute I open a reply or even a "compose" I get the letters "on" autofilled.
There must be an answer of how to get it to quit inserting the letters into the fields of "to" and "subject" It also autofills them if I open the CC or BCC fields.
It's driving me nuts.
f1jim
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

That's a part of whatever you using for email - not Firefox.

Firefox doesn't have anything to do with that "addressbook" or the CC / BCC field's if it isn't from your "search and form history".

But maybe the Nightly 60 might have so sort of influence that I can't imagine could happen. Your first posting was with Firefox 58 and the 2nd was with Firefox 60, which is an alpha pre-release Nightly version. Does that happen with both? Or just one, and which one? Knowing that might be part of the solution.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
f1jim

Post by f1jim »

I have both loaded and it does it with both versions. But not with either version on another machine.
Hope that helps.
f1jim