New Firefox causing Geforce drivers crash?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Brodoho

New Firefox causing Geforce drivers crash?

Post by Brodoho »

Ever since I installed Magnum/Titanium whatever version of FF, I get nvidia drivers crashes while browsing internet (black screen, kernel error message, driver stopped working, restarted). Random pages, some with videos, some without. Interesting thing I never got any crashes while playing graphics intense games, so when my card is under 100% load with temps approaching 90F it's ok, not a single crash... but throw some static webpage with 5 images in it and bam... crash. I thought my card was dying or something, so I asked help on Nvidia forums, and they all pointed out (without me even mentioning my browser) that if I'm using FF I should switch to something else. So I did. I've been using Chrome exclusively for a few days, and not a single crash.

So are you guys aware of this problem?
DanRaisch

Re: New Firefox causing Geforce drivers crash?

Post by DanRaisch »

A) In case you are not aware of it, we're not Mozilla. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
B) What version of Firefox do you have installed? Find out by entering "About:support" in the location bar and pressing "Enter".
C) Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pe ... =inproduct