Is there a way to force new typed URL to open new tab

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
diverjer

Is there a way to force new typed URL to open new tab

Post by diverjer »

Is there a way to force typed URL to open new tab like I could in TMP on previous version. Tab Mix Plus is not yet working in FF 57, I would just like to open a new tab when I type in another URL in the address bar.
allande

Re: Is there a way to force new typed URL to open new tab

Post by allande »

After typing the URL pressing alt-enter will open it in a new tab.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Hi !

What I always do :

After I've pasted (or typed) a URL in the address bar, I press Ctrl, click on the blue 'visit' line and then press Enter.
It will open in a new tab.
Or :
Open a new tab, then paste or type the URL, click on the blue 'visit' line and press Enter.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can use Alt+Enter to open the URL in the location bar in a new tab.
You can also middle-click (or hold down Ctrl and left-click) the Go button.
The latter works for more cases like in the drop-down list of the back/forward button and links in general.
diverjer

Post by diverjer »

Thanks I knew about the Alt+Enter, now I know another way also. Will take some getting use to, kind of like the new NoScripts. I am getting there. With 35 years working in IT with system software (all mainframes) I have had to go through lots of changes. However, being 70 makes me a little tired of change.

Held off on New Tab From Location Bar addon for now, it just wanted access to things that I didn't think were necessary. Reminded me of some of the Android apps I won't load. Then I used TMP for years and I don't remember it ever telling me what it was accessing, that seems to be a new function of FF 57.
ghot

Post by ghot »

There is a "new tab" button in the "customize" section, that you can drag to any of the circled locations.
Just click that, and type your URL.

We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
diverjer

Post by diverjer »

Thanks, it was already up there, but the location wasn't very noticeable, but I did move it to a better spot, now hopefully I will use it.