MozillaZine

Whats the Best Cache Size for Videos?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
killz

Post Posted December 29th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Whats the best size for my cache for watching videos like YT with as little load times?

killz

Post Posted December 29th, 2017, 8:47 pm

bump

therube

Post Posted December 30th, 2017, 8:29 am

Default, I would say, unless you have some reason to think that changing some cache size would affect loading of a video.

YT does a "lazy load" of comments & related videos, so maybe if you can block that?
Maybe using an "embedded" view of a video (where it is only the video player UI that you see) rather then playing the video "within" the web page (with associated comments & noise)?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

killz

Post Posted December 30th, 2017, 3:27 pm

therube wrote:Default, I would say, unless you have some reason to think that changing some cache size would affect loading of a video.

YT does a "lazy load" of comments & related videos, so maybe if you can block that?
Maybe using an "embedded" view of a video (where it is only the video player UI that you see) rather then playing the video "within" the web page (with associated comments & noise)?

Do you know the default value for FF's cache?

TheVisitor

Post Posted December 30th, 2017, 3:33 pm

killz wrote:
therube wrote:Default, I would say, unless you have some reason to think that changing some cache size would affect loading of a video.

Do you know the default value for FF's cache?

350mb

Return to Firefox Support