Whats the Best Cache Size for Videos?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
killz

Whats the Best Cache Size for Videos?

Post by killz »

Whats the best size for my cache for watching videos like YT with as little load times?
killz

Re: Whats the Best Cache Size for Videos?

Post by killz »

bump
therube

Post by therube »

Default, I would say, unless you have some reason to think that changing some cache size would affect loading of a video.

YT does a "lazy load" of comments & related videos, so maybe if you can block that?
Maybe using an "embedded" view of a video (where it is only the video player UI that you see) rather then playing the video "within" the web page (with associated comments & noise)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
killz

Post by killz »

therube wrote:Default, I would say, unless you have some reason to think that changing some cache size would affect loading of a video.

YT does a "lazy load" of comments & related videos, so maybe if you can block that?
Maybe using an "embedded" view of a video (where it is only the video player UI that you see) rather then playing the video "within" the web page (with associated comments & noise)?
Do you know the default value for FF's cache?
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

killz wrote:
therube wrote:Default, I would say, unless you have some reason to think that changing some cache size would affect loading of a video.

Do you know the default value for FF's cache?
350mb