weather extension

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
mightyglydd

Re: weather extension

Post by mightyglydd »

Well that was suggested but....
jsal0318 wrote:I do not have have time to go through every one of them
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Oh the too lazy excuse :roll:
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to 3rd Party builds...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Sorry Maliz, u r on ignore too so there is no reason to reply to me but thx anyways.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Apparently your keyboard is playing up
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

It was originally posted from firefox so plz leave it with FF and not 3rd party TY.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

No not happening
"Terry Pratchett"
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

^^Uh-hu.. how stupid do you think folks around here are ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.2.2 Waterfox/55.2.2
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jsal0318 wrote:
Frank Lion wrote:
jsal0318 wrote: is there an alternative to which some one uses. TIA
The latest ForecastFox 'fixed version' has settings to place it on the bottom like it used to be.
It is no where close to having the correct temperature for over a week, hence why i am asking for an alternative !!!!!!!
There are no alternatives, as all get their forecasts from AccuWeather. The Weather.com feed, which was far more accurate, was closed over 8 years ago.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

I am still looking for another extension that might be able to place the weather forecast at the bottom of the window other than forecastfox fix version if there is one. TIA
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

jsal0318 wrote:You asked me how stupid are people around here? My answer to you is did you read the original post of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0 so maybe you should ask yourself that.
Already covered..
mightyglydd wrote:Uh-hu, could you refrain from starting threads using a Fx57 user agent then switching to the browser you really use..which is NOT Firefox ?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jsal0318 wrote:I am still looking for another extension that might be able to place the weather forecast at the bottom of the window other than forecastfox fix version if there is one. TIA
Well, I'm still looking for world peace, but your stated reason for wanting an alternative is this -
It is no where close to having the correct temperature for over a week, hence why i am asking for an alternative !!!!!!!
...and as any and all weather extensions get their weather.xmls from the same source....you see where this is going?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Seems redundant to want to see what the weather is like from an extension which gather's it's information frome government sites which provide accurate the weather.
This link NOAA weather has the capability to help pinpoint your location.
Once you've selected the location bookmarking the site will maintain the Longitude and Latitude and provide current conditions, warnings and a week's worth.
If detail is important why waste time with an extension plus there's the added benefit of no tracking and a smaller footprint.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

I, use the, Forecastfox fix version, and have it set to reload every minute or so, and it does exactly that. It, will update just like it's suppose too, and I have it placed on the main toolbar, which is where I want it, or I can have it anywhere I want it. Just select the options and you are good to go. What else are you expecting for it to do? 8-)
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

I'm using AniWeather, instead of Forcast Weather. I have it on the bottom status bar, and works great. 8-)