What's up with Xmarks on Linux Firefox?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
chzuck

What's up with Xmarks on Linux Firefox?

Post by chzuck »

I really like the speed of the newest Firefox, but it has caused me lots of grief. First with Windows version and Xmarks. I kept losing my settings until I found out where they are kept and had CCleaner save that cookie. Now trying to get Xmarks to work on Linux Firefox is much worse as I cannot even sign in and select which Xmarks list I want to use.
Wondering was this all done with the idea of promoting your own bookmarks program? I need a program that works across most browsers on Windows and Linux!
the-edmeister

Re: What's up with Xmarks on Linux Firefox?

Post by the-edmeister »

Yeah, it's all part of a conspiracy on the part of Mozilla to make your life harder by blocking the user of 3rd party software that screws with Firefox.

1. Keep CCleaner away from Firefox, unless you know what you're doing with it, The default settings in CCleaner have caused many problems for Firefox users; just search this forum to see what other Firefox users have experienced with CCleaner.

2. See Xmarks support for help with their program.
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
chzuck

Post by chzuck »

I have no problems with Windows and Xmarks. I resolved that. It is Firefox in Linux (Mint 18.1) and Xmarks.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

There's a dozen or so threads on the Xmarks difficulties in the Linux Mint Forums
Type "Xmarks" in the search. It does not appear to be working at present but some alternatives have been suggested,
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Post by therube »

(While it is not a conspiracy, almost every extension I have come across is less useful & or harder to use; more clicks or whatever, then the corresponding extension in pre-Quantum.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript