Statusbar?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CaJazzman

Statusbar?

Post by CaJazzman »

Now, that we are using version 57, is there a way to have a statusbar at the bottom of the page, like previous versions? :?:
therube

Re: Statusbar?

Post by therube »

Have you searched AMO?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

It's not possible to add a status bar in FF57+ even by using CSS code. Scroll down to the Not Possible section in this Github post.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

CaJazzman wrote:Now, that we are using version 57, is there a way to have a statusbar at the bottom of the page, like previous versions? :?:
Yep, it's possible* with .css, but it is a true statusbar, i.e. a bottom bar with the loading/link info appearing on it.

What it is not is a bottom addons bar, i.e. you can't put toolbar buttons on it.

*possible in a 'I have already done this' type way.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

Frank Lion wrote:
CaJazzman wrote:Now, that we are using version 57, is there a way to have a statusbar at the bottom of the page, like previous versions? :?:
Yep, it's possible* with .css, but it is a true statusbar, i.e. a bottom bar with the loading/link info appearing on it.

What it is not is a bottom addons bar, i.e. you can't put toolbar buttons on it.

*possible in a 'I have already done this' type way.
I,understand, which a statusbar , where you can add addon onto it, but, what I've done in the css is to have the icon and text show up on the toolbars we have now. That will suffice for now, until, a real status bar comes available. Thanks, for your advice, though. 8-)
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Came across this which I think is relevant to this discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... irefox_57/

A poster there points to this .css to get a status-bar: https://github.com/MatMoul/firefox-gui- ... Chrome.css

This is the code:

Code: Select all

/* Status-bar */
#browser-bottombox { height: 20px; border-top: solid 1px #505050; }
.browserContainer>statuspanel { left: 4px !important; bottom: 0px; transition-duration: 0s !important; transition-delay: 0s !important; }
.browserContainer>statuspanel>.statuspanel-inner>.statuspanel-label { margin-left: 0px !important; border: none !important; padding: 0px !important; }

window[inFullscreen="true"] #browser-bottombox { display:none !important; }
window[inFullscreen="true"] .browserContainer>statuspanel[type="overLink"] .statuspanel-label { display:none !important; }
Seems to work fine, but not really what CaJazzman wants I think.
Bert Coules

Post by Bert Coules »

Apologies for reviving such an old thread but I wanted to thank BuddhaNature for passing on the css code for a status bar - it's not exactly the late lamented Status-4Evar item but it's very valuable in providing a sometimes-blank bar at the bottom of the window, a welcome visual break in the display. So thank you.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

@ Bert Coules...
There's also this, more recent thread on the subject...with a tad more...
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3038118
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Bert Coules

Post by Bert Coules »

Many thanks for that; I'll take a look.