Firefox opens up Citrix Receiver Desktop in Tab (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
khymon

Firefox opens up Citrix Receiver Desktop in Tab (Linux)

Post by khymon »

Hello there,

I am using Citrix Receiver together with Firefox on 3 different operating systems.
On Linux (both Fedora and Ubuntu), when I open a desktop, it does not open it in a separate window (on the system, I don´t mean a Firefox window), but in a tab of the browser.

I compared the operation systems (all 64bit) I use and I just don´t get it why it shows that behavour. Here are the details of the systems:

A. Windows 10 Pro with Firefox 57.0.3 and Citrix Receiver 14.10.0.16036 -> correct behaviour, opens up remote desktop in new window
B. MacOS Sierra with Firefox 57.0.3 and Citrix Receiver 12.8.0.614134 -> correct behaviour, opens up remote desktop in new window
C. Linux with Firefox 57.0.3 and Citrix Receiver 13.8.0.10299729 -> NOT correct behaviour, opens up remote desktop in browser
D. Linux with Firefox ESP 52.5.3 and Citrix Receiver 13.8.0.10299729 -> correct behaviour, opens up remote desktop in new window

The versions of citrix receiver are different, but I downloaded the newest version for all OS from the citrix site.

Can somebody please help me to understand what is happening here and how I can solve the problem?
Last edited by DanRaisch on January 3rd, 2018, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
dickvl

Re: Firefox opens up Citrix Receiver Desktop in Tab (Linux)

Post by dickvl »

Does the setting of this pref matter?
browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external

See also:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.link.open_newwindow
1: current tab; 2:new window; 3:new tab;
khymon

Re: Firefox opens up Citrix Receiver Desktop in Tab (Linux)

Post by khymon »

Thanks for the answer. I compared the settings for all "browser.link.open..." options in ESP and 57.0.3. They are the same in both versions, so I guess it´s not a possible cause, but I´m willing to try that if you can tell me how to set them. Also, I compared the setting of 57.0.3 on Linux and MacOS, they are also the same. On MacOS, all is working correctly.

Beside, the link does not open a internet site, but it´s a link to an external program: The citrix receiver. This tool is able to open remote Windows (the os, not a window on the screen) sessions on the host I´m using. So I guess this might not be the cause, but I´m willling to learn if I´m wrong :)