Post by Suze »

is there way to shorten tab other than opening a dozen or so
thanks
Suze
therube

Re: tab length

Post by therube »

Resize the window ;-).
Or you can decrease the size of the maximum width of a tab.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

There's a number of CSS tweaks in this post written by the Classic Theme Restorer developer whereby he's converted his coding into a UserChrome.css file. But he mentions stability issues arising from attempting to create custom tab widths. See the section near the bottom called Not properly working using CSS tweaks
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

take firefox as it is otherwise you ever run in trouble like this
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3037027
:roll:
Suze

Post by Suze »

Brummelchen wrote:take firefox as it is otherwise you ever run in trouble like this
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3037027
:roll:
youre right Brummelchen no more trying to make it ff56 [-X
Suze
jrsva

Post by jrsva »

"take firefox as it is otherwise you ever run in trouble like this"

Right, the American way. Never try to make something work better. Just go along to get along. Etc.

Use the add-on Tab Mix Plus and it gives you lots of options about tabs. You can set the minimum and maximum width, for example. It will not work with the latest version of FF but then v. 57 has a lot of other issues. I'm running v. 56.0.2 and I will stay there until I learn that a later version will work properly for me.
JRS - Win10-Pro, FF 91.11.1esr, TB 91.11.1
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

take a query on her posts then you will get my intention about - no one else has so many culprits i such short time - and only about tabs. wrong answer.
firefox as it is is not perfect - no doubt - but screwing this without any basic knowledge is wrong and not recommended.
i also use userchrome styles - but those are verified (Aris CTR) and thus safe. in the past i had a lot of css tweaks for this and that - but i dont miss them now.

Suze - go back to v56 if you dare. its ok when users try to get along with firefox Quantum (since v57) but its the wrong way "i screw it first, then work".