Firefox Is Terrible Now

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
LordZorgon

Firefox Is Terrible Now

Post by LordZorgon »

Let's start with how Quantum looks. You can use the dark theme, which makes the address bar dark grey which is good, but makes above it translucent, which s*cks. You can add a "theme", but what a joke those are now. "Make Firefox your own by adding this incredibly thin rectangle to the top!" Pitiful. So I added an all black "theme" to make it a little less crappy looking, but now my address bar is light grey, so that looks like a$$.

There used to be a window that would open when you were downloading something, and it would close when you were done. Imagine how convenient that was. You could start a download, close your browser and walk away. Clearly they HAD to get rid of that. Imagine people NOT wanting to sit in front of their computers while they watch a line the thickness of a hair fill up while they wait. Madness, the very thought of it.

Back when Firefox was useful, you could open a new tab an place shortcuts to the sites YOU wanted on it. You could actually go into your bookmarks and drag them to a new tab, and organize them the way you wanted. Absurd, just the idea. Who would want something so easy?

Is it that they ran out of ideas to make it better, but they feel compelled to release a new version every week, so they're just removing things now?

Firefox... you were great once. Now you're crap.
Last edited by LordZorgon on January 7th, 2018, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox Is Terrible Now

Post by LIMPET235 »

Yes.
"They've" really improved the look & features of Firefox. :)

Pity 'bout that.

Anyway, see if this helps with the look a tad.

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lear-look/

It's really not that bad.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

LIMPET235 wrote:Yes.
"They've" really improved the look & features of Firefox. :)
Yes and those 'millions of Quantum installs' (updates??) http://www.zdnet.com/article/firefox-qu ... jump-ship/ have certainly increased Fx's market share in the seven weeks since 57's release...
https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser- ... pcustomb=0
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Yep.
It seems that quite a few of the commentators are split, as to who actually D/L'd & has kept using v57
or switched to another browser or 3.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

we’ll be looking at how the internet is rewiring our brains and reshaping our identities.
https://twitter.com/cbeard
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

funny how " its Crap " but yet he the OP is posting with Firefox 57.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
LordZorgon

Post by LordZorgon »

Mouse4 wrote:funny how " its Crap " but yet he the OP is posting with Firefox 57.
That's because the OP only recently switched and is trying to get used to how bad it is now.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

LordZorgon wrote:
Mouse4 wrote:funny how " its Crap " but yet he the OP is posting with Firefox 57.
That's because the OP only recently switched and is trying to get used to how bad it is now.
sure extensions arent the same as they were but at least Firefox is going somewhere probably where they should have taken it years ago. even AOL when they still had Gecko/Netscape were not a Great Fan of Gecko .
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
toolong

Post by toolong »

LordZorgon wrote:

Or maybe he is a troll?
LordZorgon

Post by LordZorgon »

The Tinsmith wrote:
LordZorgon wrote:

Or maybe he is a troll?
Nope, not a troll. And anyway, how does suggesting I am even make sense? "Oh, you don't like something? YOU TROLL!!!"
LordZorgon

Post by LordZorgon »

Mouse4 wrote:sure extensions arent the same as they were but at least Firefox is going somewhere probably where they should have taken it years ago.
There was a time when you didn't need extensions to have a downloads window, or to customize a new tab with bookmarks of your own choosing. They were features that were part of the browser. I'm not sure how making things worse became seen as making things better.
toolong

Post by toolong »

Nope, not a troll. And anyway, how does suggesting I am even make sense? "Oh, you don't like something? YOU TROLL!!!"
I suggested that you MIGHT be a troll only because you fit the Troll pattern.

You posted a large / long list of complaints and did not really ask for any help to solve any of them. You more or less demanded solutions. You came here with an aggressive attitude.

And you did the usual Troll thing of saying you will use a different browser. Which might solve your problems, if you really have any, and does not in any way effect anyone here.

Something to think about? Lookup "empty threats".
There are a lot of knowledgeable, helpful people on this forum. If you are nice they will help.

Have a nice day. I'm outta' here.
LordZorgon

Post by LordZorgon »

The Tinsmith wrote:You posted a large / long list of complaints and did not really ask for any help to solve any of them.

I was only stating my opinion of the latest "upgrade". I didn't come seeking help.
The Tinsmith wrote:You more or less demanded solutions. You came here with an aggressive attitude.
I, in no way, made any demands at all. Clearly you're delusional. There... call that aggressive if you want to.
The Tinsmith wrote:And you did the usual Troll thing of saying you will use a different browser.
I, in no way, said I will use a different browser. I submit this as evidence number two that you are delusional.
The Tinsmith wrote:Something to think about? Lookup "empty threats".
I, in no way, made any threats of any kind. I submit this as evidence number three that you are delusional.
The Tinsmith wrote:Have a nice day. I'm outta' here.
Was that you going for "cool"?
Last edited by LordZorgon on January 7th, 2018, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Ok, this is headed nowhere - time to :locked:
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

We're happy to provide support for issues with Firefox and to politely discuss things relating to the browser. Just plain rants/complaints are neither support requests nor polite discussions, so this thread is being locked.