polish(?) installed?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
fbu924

polish(?) installed?

Post by fbu924 »

Hi: FF dev ed 58.0b14 64bit, w10pro. How do I get back an "all english" of the the dev ed?
-I downloaded from moz index_of/pub ftp site. I thought I clicked on the "en" link.
-most of the menus in FF are in english but there is link text in the bookmarks toolbar called "cakone," which I think is Polish. And, in the bookmarks menu, "mozilla firefox" dropdown, there are several texts also appearing to be the same foreign language. For example, 1 is "Yik Firefox."
-I am familiar w/about:config & I will be careful, I promise. Can someone please point me to the preference name (rather than scroll thru 5k lines), if the fix is there? Or, is the fix elsewhere, or, must I redownload (from elsewhere in ftp?)?
(Irrelevant I think, but: brand new clean install w10 .lt 1wk of use, new to w10. The "Polish" only appears in FF. No other FF versions installed.)
Thank you.
Paul L
James

Re: polish(?) installed?

Post by James »

Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

It's not Polish for sure.
It's Arabic - source

Adding to what James wrote:
1. Check in Add-ons Manager (about:addons) if you don't have any additional Language Pack installed, as if it isn't shown, it's good.
2. Check in about:config, if all "intl." preferences are set to default, as they shouldn't be bolded, if they are, reset them.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
fbu924

Post by fbu924 »

Thanks for replies. "Intl" were all nonbolded in about:config. . What is odd- the font-name-list entries (4) were in tibetan (MS unicode) or "Rachana" (thoolika unicode). Do I need to r & r ? The orig. d/l was via edge, I think. I've renamed/reset to US, the "Asian" bookmarks (all came w/download, not ones I did). My concern is that there's hidden code still in these or other languages, screwing things up somewhere, so I may R & R.
-I'm not even sure how to reinstall this without inheriting the same firefox-support websites, if there is hidden code, even using a new profile. I plan to use moz backup for the bookmarks transfer. What would you do? Thanks.
Paul L
therube

Post by therube »

You've lost me... Anyhow...
I downloaded from moz index_of/pub ftp site
URL to this "ftp" site?

If you have the original download, "open it" with 7-zip or similar.
Then open omni.jar.
Check in its /chrome/ folder & see if it has an /en-US/ directory?
If not, what directories are there? (One of them would be the locale.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript