Make the overflow double chevron smaller again

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
pschroeter

Make the overflow double chevron smaller again

Post by pschroeter »

I am not a fan of Quantum's big double chevron to the right of both of my toolbars. The big jagged lines next to the hamburger icon feel disruptive to my old eyes. Has anyone figured out how to change back to the smaller one with userChrome.css yet? I have already used userChrome.css to change back to the old bookmark folders and get rid of the gray bookmark folders and that were hard on my eyes.
Frank Lion

Re: Make the overflow double chevron smaller again

Post by Frank Lion »

This is 2018, we don't mess about changing images for simple things like that any longer. We use css3.

Just use

Code: Select all

transform: scale(0.6) !important;
on the existing chevron image.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

Frank Lion wrote:This is 2018, we don't mess about changing images for simple things like that any longer. We use css3.

Just use

transform: scale(0.6) !important;
on the existing chevron image.
I probably should have mentioned my expertise with CSS was finding the right code online and being able to follow the instructions to copy and paste it in the right folder.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

pschroeter wrote:I probably should have mentioned my expertise with CSS was finding the right code online and being able to follow the instructions to copy and paste it in the right folder.
No problem, here you go -

/*Franks Smaller Chev....*/
#PlacesChevron,
#nav-bar-overflow-button {
     transform: scale(0.7) !important; }  
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)