Font Too Small/Theme and Font Changer stopped working

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mozurkewich

Re: Font Too Small/Theme and Font Changer stopped working

Post by mozurkewich »

Flycaster wrote:Figured out what I was doing wrong...or not doing right. The controls were there all the time, it is that I was going to the wrong place for them. I thought that the font controls would be in the Options of the add-on, itself. Nah, they are in the Tools dropdown>Theme Font &... All is well, now.
Ah, that seems to have done it.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The web page mentions that you need to

1) Delete the (old) add-on that was previously installed before installing the new one
2) You need to configure the upgrade settings for the new version of the add-on using the options for that add-on in tools -> add-ons -> extensions (or whatever the OSX equivalent is) to prevent it from automatically upgrading to the expired add-on in the Mozilla add-ons web site.

Did you do all of that?

Does a "theme font & size changer" button show up on the toolbar in the main window and/or a "theme font and size changer" menu get added to the bottom of the Tools menu after you restart Thunderbird?

If yes, when you select it, do you get a popup window that lets you chose the font and font size?

Edit: Oops, didn't see your last post when I replied.
mozurkewich

Post by mozurkewich »

tanstaafl wrote:1) Delete the (old) add-on that was previously installed before installing the new one
I did that, but the new one was shown with the old date, That confused me for a while.
2) You need to configure the upgrade settings for the new version of the add-on using the options for that add-on in tools -> add-ons -> extensions (or whatever the OSX equivalent is) to prevent it from automatically upgrading to the expired add-on in the Mozilla add-ons web site.
I can not figure out how to do that. There are only three items under "preferences" for that add on, none of which involve updates.
Does a ... "theme font and size changer" menu get added to the bottom of the Tools menu after you restart Thunderbird?
If yes, when you select it, do you get a popup window that lets you chose the font and font size?
Yes and yes. I got confused by the fact that once I installed the add-on, the fonts were OK. But after I closed and restarted they weren't, until I found that menu item and set things up there.

Thanks.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"I can not figure out how to do that. There are only three items under "preferences" for that add on, none of which involve updates."

Go to tools -> add-ons -> extensions and press the "More" link for the Theme Font and Size Changer (No expire) add-on, just under its name (Not the Options button to the right) Select "off" in Automatic updates.
mozurkewich

Post by mozurkewich »

tanstaafl wrote:"I can not figure out how to do that. There are only three items under "preferences" for that add on, none of which involve updates."

Go to tools -> add-ons -> extensions and press the "More" link for the Theme Font and Size Changer (No expire) add-on, just under its name (Not the Options button to the right) Select "off" in Automatic updates.
Thanks, that did the trick. I was looking under "preferences" which is always where one finds that (except in this case).
James

Post by James »

Turns out the author has posted a new version 64.1 update on January 11. https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/ ... /versions/