SessionManager-Add-On. Can I find my old sessions somewhere?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Kacke

SessionManager-Add-On. Can I find my old sessions somewhere?

Post by Kacke »

Hello,

I know, since the new version of Firefox a lot of Add-Ons don't work anymore. But in the case of Session Manager this is really a pita, because since the transition happened without warning I had no time to save the sessions in another way before the update.

Are the saved Sessions of SessionManager Add-On maybe somewhere in a small file or somewhere on my Mac?

Or will they reappear, when I install a new Session Manager? I have the one by Michael Kraft.

Thank you.

Edit: Can I maybe go back to Firefox 56 and my saved sessions will come back again, automatically? OR maybe install Cyberfox alongside Firefox, then open Cyberfox and the saved sessions will be there again?

This note can be found in the deactivated Add-Ons section of Firefox 57.
Unfortunately do to limitations in the the provided APIs in Firefox 57, Session Manager cannot be implemented as a WebExtension add-on and will not work in Firefox 57 or higher. My only recommendation is to either not update to Firefox 57, use the Firefox ESR build or use a forked version of Firefox that does not remove support for add-ons such as CyberFox or Waterfox.

Session Manager saves and restores the state of all or some windows - either when you want it or automatically at startup, after crashes or periodically. It can also automatically save the state of open windows individually. The add-on is restartless and can be enabled and disabled on the fly.

This extension replaces SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus' session manager. Session Manager is compatible with Tab Mix Plus. It can import sessions from both SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus.

See http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/documentation.html for the complete users and options guide.

Feedback can be sent to support email address listed to the top right or at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2308889. The later is preferred.

If you are having problems, please open the Browser Console (Firefox/Tools -> Web Development -> Browser Console) and disable and re-enable Session Manager and look for errors in the error console. If there aren't any enable logging in the options menu and disabling and re-enable Session Manager again and send the logs to the email address listed on the right.

NOTE: I CANNOT OFFER SUPPORT THROUGH THE REVIEW PAGES, PLEASE USE THE SUPPORT LINKS TO THE RIGHT. IF REPORTING A PROBLEM, PLEASE READ THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
allande

Re: SessionManager-Add-On. Can I find my old sessions somewh

Post by allande »

If you install Firefox 56, it should enable the old session manager and the sessions should be restorable. Note that attempting to install 56 will in most cases install 57 or it will update to 57 very quickly. To use 56 temporarily do this:
download the full, not stub installer of 56. You will tell it worked if it is more than 20 MB, not less than 5MB. Then disconnect from the internet. Install 56, and disable the settings for updating.

In the long run, you should use Firefox 57 and up, or Firefox ESR (52), for security. So after you are done bookmarking your sessions you should reinstall one of those, and turn back on updates.