Theme Font & Size Changer: all versions broken?

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JLJ

Theme Font & Size Changer: all versions broken?

Post by JLJ »

I'm running FF 52 ESR because extensions. For some reason when I started it today Theme Font & Size Changer was not functional. I tried everything I could think of, up to and including installing EVERY version available, paired with various settings for layout.css.devPixelsPerPx, but none will work. All automatic updating of FF and extensions is disabled, so no known / deliberate changes were made between yesterday and today. I am aware the extension is possibly discontinued as of FF 57 but as noted I'm using 52 -- it should work.

Anybody have any ideas about working versions and/or FF settings/config prefs to check? THX

ETA: the userChrome.css code posted by user Gubbio on this page works in the meantime: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14775689
allande

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer: all versions broken?

Post by allande »

See the last post here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 5&start=15
The old versions of Theme Font & Size Changer hit their pre-coded termination date. You can modify the extension to not have this, but then it would be unsigned, so you would need the ability to install unsigned extensions. The normal versions of Firefox cannot use those, but read the above link.
rigsby999

Post by rigsby999 »

Been messing about with this all morning along with many others I guess.

The above post by allande is great. That fixes Thunderbird. For Firefox, I've used the following change in order to increase everything within Firefox. Buttons,tabs (pinned & normal), text size etc.

Type in "about:config" in the address bar (without the quotes). Say Yes to the popup window telling you to be careful.

Enter "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx" in the search bar (again without the quotes).

Double-click the result & increase/decrease the value until what you see on the screen is acceptable to you. This works for Thunderbird as well.

Hope this helps. Certainly helps me who needs a magnifying glass to see stuff these days.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
rigsby999

Post by rigsby999 »

Thanks Frank.
egelb

Post by egelb »

I just upgraded my Mac to OS X 10.13.2 (Jan 13, 2018) and Theme Font & Size Changer (v56) no longer works with Thunderbird (v52.5.2).

Any suggestions to get it working again?
Edward A. Gelb
allande

Post by allande »

I believe the version from here will work on that version of Thunderbird: http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html
Or, Frank Lion's link above I think mentions how to use files he has posted to change fonts via userChrome.css.