Lightweight theme or buttons for Firefox

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
TT771

Lightweight theme or buttons for Firefox

Post by TT771 »

Hi everyone,

I have been using the Classic Theme Restorer add-on for years, currently with the Qute 6++ theme. But Qute 6++ is more than 6 MB and slows down Firefox. Can anyone recommend a lightweight theme or an add-on with (colorized) buttons?

I'm not sure what keywords to use when searching for a lightweight alternative, themes most of all include background images, I only need a nice set of buttons.

Thanks in advance.
BuddhaNature

Re: Lightweight theme or buttons for Firefox

Post by BuddhaNature »

Themes are pretty much personal preference. However, I use the following, which are all lightweight: "Dream of Waves", "Soft Aqua" and "A Web Browser Renaissance".

To colourise buttons use userChrome.css. Code to use is here: Changing home-button, back-button, forward-button colours
TT771

Post by TT771 »

Thanks, I will check them out. I already found some vintage themes, but most of them don't work with the newer versions of Firefox.
TT771

Post by TT771 »

@BuddhaNature I checked the themes you mentioned, but they only change the browser background, that is not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking button icons that are clearly visible. I installed NoiaButtons for now, that is kind of what I had in mind: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oiabuttons
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Doesn't Firefox 56.0 have a Default, Dark and Light theme available using Customize?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
TT771

Post by TT771 »

Firefox has three themes, but I don't know how to customize them. I currently use the default theme, this solved the previous freezing issues.