[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pschroeter

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pschroeter »

I’ve been using Forecastfox for years and years and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping it alive. I have three suggestions:

Option to show the sunrise/set time in the toolbar icon dropdown (the one that shows the radar). Moon rise/set times and phase would be nice also.

Option to have the toolbar icon drop down on mouseover (instead of clicking on it) show the one with radar rather than the other one that is a simple list.

Option for the forecast bar to show the radar, reload, ect buttons on the left side of the bar. I like my forecast bar icon in the lower left and it’s hard to check the radar.

I flirted was Google Chrome for a while and was thrilled to find Forecastfox was available to it too.
Necronomicon

Post by Necronomicon »

Hi.

I need help about radar or satellite turning off.

I turned it off in options, but it still shows up in window (FF 57). Is there an option to completely remove it?
i7 2600K@4.2, NH-U12S, ASUS P8P67 Pro V.3.1, 16GB HyperX Gray@1600, MSI GTX1060 6GB GamingX, Samsung SSD Pro 256GB, WD 1TB;3TB, CM 690 II Advanced/Seasonic 850W KM3, SoundBlaster ZX/Samsung HT-WS1G/AKG K92, ASUS 24B3ST, Logitech M705 / K270, X360 wireless gamepad, LG 42LF652V, Win 10 x64 Pro
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pschroeter wrote:Option to show the sunrise/set time in the toolbar icon dropdown (the one that shows the radar). Moon rise/set times and phase would be nice also.
pschroeter wrote:Option to have the toolbar icon drop down on mouseover (instead of clicking on it) show the one with radar rather than the other one that is a simple list.
Sorry, this is not possible - this is the restriction of WebExtensions
pschroeter wrote:Option for the forecast bar to show the radar, reload, ect buttons on the left side of the bar. I like my forecast bar icon in the lower left and it’s hard to check the radar.
sorry, but I do not understand.
please take a screenshot of what you mean
Necronomicon wrote:I need help about radar or satellite turning off.
I turned it off in options, but it still shows up in window (FF 57). Is there an option to completely remove it?
in toolbar-button or in forecastbar?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 4.14
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hafabdepnd

changes:
updated: Hungarian locale (thanks Harsányi László)
fixed: minor bug fixes
testplayer

Post by testplayer »

I'm using Firefox ESR 52 Portable edition, with 3rd party PDF reader plugin.
Problem:
Starting from 4.2, it is not compatible with any PDF reader plugin. Any online PDF that has to be accessed via an URL will not be loaded by 3rd party PDF reader plugin, only locally stored PDF files can be loaded by plugins.
The last working version compatible with PDF reader plugins (or maybe more precisely, the "plugin-container.exe" when accessing online resources) is version 4.1.

It took me 30+ times of trials installing all versions from 3.x to 4.14 back and forth to find out which version works or not, but unfortunately, during this process, all my saved locations in forecastfox have been lost!! :x ](*,) Is it possible to restore my more than 10 saved locations?? :( Where are the settings/preferences of forecastfox saved in the firefox profile folder?? (Updates: When using 7-zip to open the forecastfox@s3_fix_version.xpi in \PortableApps\FirefoxPortableESR\Data\profile\extensions\, I did find many JavaScript files that seem to store settings/preferences, but I couldn't find any clue of my more than 10 saved locations. Are they lost permanently during my exhaustive trials of installing different versions back and forth?? :cry: )

Note: this problem is weird and depends on specific firefox profile: the above happens to one of my firefox ESR portable profile that has 80+ extensions installed, so there maybe some interference between forecastfox and other extensions. Whereas in my another firefox ESR portable profile that has <10 extensions installed, the above problem doesn't exist and I can have version 4.14 works with my 3rd party PDF reader plugin.
Last edited by testplayer on January 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KeiteH

Post by KeiteH »

Hi,
first of all i'd like to thank you for keeping this great extension alive!
i use it on several PC/Laptops for a long time, but now i've got a problem that i can't fix and
regardless of the fact that i'm working as a programmer, and be able and not afraid of editing files "by hand", the following drives me nuts ](*,)
My Location is "Germany", the city is named "Bielefeld". On 2 of 3 Firefox installations everything is fine, but on this PC here,
the radar image shows me a chinese(!!!) area.
Because all PC's run the same OS (W10prof) and latest Firefox Quantum, on the same network, with the same extension, i've no idea anymore. #-o
i've tried to deinstall the addon, removed old stuff of it "by hand" with the explorer/regedit, also the same with firefox itself, but always the same result.
2 radar images are ok, 1 is not ok. (if i choode "windy.com" as source, i also get the chinese area...) :-(

Any help is welcome...!

will try to upload a screenshot in the meantime...
testplayer

Post by testplayer »

duplicated. Please delete this post.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

testplayer wrote:Where are the settings/preferences of forecastfox saved in the firefox profile folder?
MozillaProfile\browser-extension-data\forecastfox@s3_fix_version\storage.js
testplayer wrote:Are they lost permanently during my exhaustive trials of installing different versions back and forth?? :cry: )
The WebExtensions platform automatically removes the settings after removing the extension
KeiteH wrote:My Location is "Germany", the city is named "Bielefeld". On 2 of 3 Firefox installations everything is fine, but on this PC here,
Because all PC's run the same OS (W10prof) and latest Firefox Quantum, on the same network, with the same extension, i've no idea anymore. #-o
i've tried to deinstall the addon, removed old stuff of it "by hand" with the explorer/regedit, also the same with firefox itself, but always the same result.
2 radar images are ok, 1 is not ok. (if i choode "windy.com" as source, i also get the chinese area...) :-(
Please screenshots or video about your problem
KeiteH

Post by KeiteH »

KeiteH wrote:My Location is "Germany", the city is named "Bielefeld". On 2 of 3 Firefox installations everything is fine, but on this PC here,
Please screenshots or video about your problem[/quote]

to be quick, i'll use this, because a.t.m. i could not upload images here/don't know howto...
Link: http://www.t-g-h.de/falseradar.jpg

testplayer

Post by testplayer »

pag77 wrote:
testplayer wrote:Where are the settings/preferences of forecastfox saved in the firefox profile folder?
MozillaProfile\browser-extension-data\forecastfox@s3_fix_version\storage.js
testplayer wrote:Are they lost permanently during my exhaustive trials of installing different versions back and forth?? :cry: )
The WebExtensions platform automatically removes the settings after removing the extension
Thanks! I got the storage.js and all my settings are still there, because I just installed different versions back and forth without uninstalling. This is probably why the settings are not removed.

Now the problem is, the saved settings can be shown in the option setting page moz-extension://{random id of forecastfox fix version}/content/options.html, except for the saved location. I can see that my settings such as customized units are still in the options.html page, but all my saved locations are not there. It only shows the default location New York, NY, USA.

How can I restore my saved location without searching them in \browser-extension-data\forecastfox@s3_fix_version\storage.js and adding them one-by-one in moz-extension://{random id of forecastfox fix version}/content/options.html ?

Finally, do you have any clue of why version 4.2+ is not compatible with plugin-container.exe and 3rd party PDF plugins? And how can I get the latest ver 4.14 compatible with them? Or should I just keep using version 4.1 or 3.x?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

KeiteH
Thank you for your screenshot!

Accuweather used the abbreviated name of your locality: BI DE
And result (for radar and weather):
<location cnt="1" city="Bide Town" state="China (Guizhou)" location="cityId:982171"/>

but I fixed the problem
please delete the location and make a new search: Bielefeld, Germany
pag77

Post by pag77 »

testplayer wrote:Now the problem is, the saved settings can be shown in the option setting page moz-extension://{random id of forecastfox fix version}/content/options.html, except for the saved location. I can see that my settings such as customized units are still in the options.html page, but all my saved locations are not there. It only shows the default location New York, NY, USA.

How can I restore my saved location without searching them in \browser-extension-data\forecastfox@s3_fix_version\storage.js and adding them one-by-one in moz-extension://{random id of forecastfox fix version}/content/options.html ?
The old version of Forecastfox used sql-data to store settings
The new version uses a new storage container
Porting from the old version of 3+ to the new 4+ is impossible - I reported this on the settings page.
Sorry for the inconvenience
testplayer wrote:Finally, do you have any clue of why version 4.2+ is not compatible with plugin-container.exe and 3rd party PDF plugins? And how can I get the latest ver 4.14 compatible with them? Or should I just keep using version 4.1 or 3.x?
1. Firefox version?
2. Please more details step-by-step with screenshots or video for reproduce your problem.
Thank you!
KeiteH

Post by KeiteH »

pag77 wrote:KeiteH
Thank you for your screenshot!

Accuweather used the abbreviated name of your locality: BI DE
And result (for radar and weather):
<location cnt="1" city="Bide Town" state="China (Guizhou)" location="cityId:982171"/>

but I fixed the problem
please delete the location and make a new search: Bielefeld, Germany

Hi pag77,
in the meantime i've got the chance to test an other pc and i can confirm the false image there too.
But i also can confirm that the fix you made works as expected!

Great job, solved my problem, thank you so much!!!
mlc2000

Post by mlc2000 »

Thanks for adding Dashboard 0.3b icons.

I do have another question. Is there any way to make the custom radar bigger by modifying the numbers? I have tried and most I can do is 400x300 or 640x480.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

KeiteH wrote:But i also can confirm that the fix you made works as expected!
Thank you for your good news :)
mlc2000 wrote:I do have another question. Is there any way to make the custom radar bigger by modifying the numbers? I have tried and most I can do is 400x300 or 640x480.
may be in future versions and only for forecastbar...