Removing the "Tour" button on the new tab page

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ForCryingOutLoud

Removing the "Tour" button on the new tab page

Post by ForCryingOutLoud »

I'm finally moving to FF 57 and one of the frustrating issues left unsolved is the unwanted "tour" button on (otherwise almost) empty new tab pages.

I'm talking about the gray Firefox button in the upper left corner on the page that, if clicked, opens a "Lets get started" popup that offers some sort of beginners tour to Firefox. The only problem is: the button never EVER goes away. It does not matter how many times I take this "tour" or how many times I close the popup, the button just does not disappear. It sits there doing nothing, resisting my attempts at making the new tab page really empty. I just genuinely want it gone. How do I make it go away? Hide it, destroy it, whatever, just make it go away. I've scoured about:config but I can't find anything related to it there.

Apologies if this is a duplicate; I've searched the forum, but nothing useful came up, probably because I don't know what the button's name is, so it cannot be searched easily.
Happy112

Re: Removing the "Tour" button on the new tab page

Post by Happy112 »

Hi ForCryingOutLoud,

Would you please take a look at this article and scroll down to the part where it's explained how to get rid of that icon that annoys you so :

https://www.askvg.com/firefox-tip-resto ... -tab-page/
ForCryingOutLoud

Re: Removing the "Tour" button on the new tab page

Post by ForCryingOutLoud »

"Onboarding" so that's the name for the icon.

Thank you, the prefs listed in the article worked. The icon finally went away.