Highlight active tab with latest version please?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
madmudmob

Re: Highlight active tab with latest version please? = SORTE

Post by madmudmob »

Apologies for not explaining well .... when I delete the Chrome file everything within it (userContent.css & userChrome.css) is gone too.
Will try the new profile but am still reading the last link posted so it may be a while.
Mud is good!
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

madmudmob wrote:Apologies for not explaining well .... when I delete the Chrome file everything within it (userContent.css & userChrome.css) is gone too.
Lets be clear. Chrome chrome is a folder (directory) not a file. There is nothing in files other than the data.

Take a breath and be careful of your terminology to avoid confusion.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Apologies - I am floundering in a sea of unknown fish but will try harder so that you can understand what I am trying to get across.
Mud is good!
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

RobertJ wrote: Lets be clear. Chrome is a folder (directory) not a file.....Take a breath and be careful of your terminology to avoid confusion.
Yes lets..the folder is named chrome ..not 'Chrome'.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Noted and taken on board, thankyou
Mud is good!
madmudmob

Re: Highlight active tab with latest version please?

Post by madmudmob »

Oh well, I followed the instructions in the link I was given ....
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved
which knocked me back to the start of when I updated to the new version.

Followed the instructions in:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14787812

and still no joy. So, I think it's time I called a halt to this - all I have done is lost all the work I had previously done (customised the look of pages with bigger text etc) and not got back the wonderful looking user:Chrome look I briefly attained and was blissfully happy with but disappeared overnight when I closed down my pc.

Thankyou everyone but I am feeling foolish that to alter the look of my Firefox I have eventually gone thoroughly backwards and so wasted all the time you so very patient and kind folks have put in trying to help me.

The very last thing I will do is make a new profile as, to be honest, I'm already just about in the as newly installed state so have nothing to lose.
Mud is good!
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Nope,
even with a brand new profile I am getting the same result of nothing changing so time to give up and try to get mu usual Profile back to how I liked it
Mud is good!
allande

Post by allande »

If possible, sometimes someone with a fresh look at the situation is what it takes to see what you aren't seeing. I suggest you get a friend or a friend's child to do the following:
First, get your profile to use a userChrome.css which does only one simple thing like changing the font, as a "hello world" kind of test. If that works then you or them can try to add more.
costark

Re: How to highlight active tab with latest version please?

Post by costark »

costark wrote:
RobertJ wrote:.
Once you have a text file in Chrome it should be named userChrome.css. Note it is a text file not a Word file.

Then it should contain the following

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

/* ACTIVE TAB BACKGROUND COLOR */

.tab-content[selected="true"] {
  background: rgba(65, 85, 145, 0.4) !important;
}

With this code the active tab will be a --medium blue--; you can change it if you don't like the color. That's Not clear HOW for amateurs UNTIL you play with the several Color Chart Links provided and notice -- the rgba Values -- they provide. Substituting into YOUR Code is then easy.

NOTE: for the change to take effect after saving the text file you need to restart Firefox.

https://i.imgur.com/3U2P8PQ.jpg

Really enjoy the education - Thanks to all!
My "Mild Yellow" Active Tab in Imgur Link above used RobertJ's Code (Thanx) and my "substituted" rgba for his BLUE was ( 247, 247, 171, 1).
The Beginner's Guide to userChrome.css by BuddhaNature was Spot On (Thanx again) for us CSS Amateurs and a key for me way back was Saving the css File WITHIN Chrome as "All Files", NOT as .txt File. Deleting the extra .txt extension worked too, although I didn't know it at the time.

madmudmob, Persevere!
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

This thread has gone WAY OFF topic.

With regard to BuddhaNature's

A Beginner's Guide to Creating and Using a userChrome.css File

it should be inserted in a KB article as it is far too complicated for a thread.

Locking.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6