No reCAPTCHA in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
beachbubba

No reCAPTCHA in Firefox

Post by beachbubba »

Firefox is up to date.
Win 7 - 64bit

Three friggin' times this morning, I have been thwarted in my attempts to use websites because reCAPTCH will not display in Firefox. I can't update my Roku account. In fact, I had to resort to Chrome just to register with MozillaZine to post this message. WTF???

My collection of extensions is modest. It includes CanvasBlocker, Cookie AutoDelete, Flagfox, HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript, Nuke Anything, Privacy Badger, Tree Tabs and WX Download Status Bar.

Anyone else have this issue with reCAPTCHA? Is it likely that one of the extensions is causing this issue? Frustrating, to say the least.

BTW, I use Hosts file blocking by the MVPS Hosts and Malware Domain Lists. I don't think the Hosts file is the issue, however.
Last edited by beachbubba on January 21st, 2018, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: No reCAPTCHA in Firefox

Post by malliz »

Noscript would be my guess but any of the other privacy add-ons could also be at fault. How about dialing back the attitude? We haven't done anything to deserve it
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
beachbubba

Post by beachbubba »

malliz wrote:Noscript would be my guess but any of the other privacy add-ons could also be at fault. How about dialing back the attitude? We haven't done anything to deserve it
My initial guess was Noscript, too. Though, I thought Noscript would behave better than that and. I also thought that wouldn't be the only here complaining about it, and if it were a common problem, forum regulars would be aware of it and offer a remedy.

I guess I'll have to submit to disabling extension one at a time until I find the naughty culprit.

The color in my post was not attitude. It was a mild expression of frustration with not being able to get past reCAPTCHA every time I run into it. I love Firefox.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Just a warning you may actually have to uninstall Noscript as the new version has a nasty habit of not respecting being disabled. And we are seing a lot of Noscript problems starting to crop up
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
therube

Post by therube »

I'd be more apt to look at "cookies" or other "privacy" blocking.

Anyhow, as a start, try Safe Mode.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript