Firefox 58.0 Print=Blank Data

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Luap

Firefox 58.0 Print=Blank Data

Post by Luap »

Dear Firefox, all of a sudden with the newer Firefox revs (now at 58.0) when I get to a page that has a "print" icon - heres what I get when I try to print to my printer, to a file, to Bulldig zip, to PDF Complete etc etc etc

from iexplore prints the page no problem
from Chrome previews the page and then prints the page no problem
from Firefox 58.0 prints a blank page

Obviously Firefox is the problem. But what ? I could find no solutions on Mozillazine except.
extensions.e10sBlockedByAddons and/or extensions.e10sMultiBlockedByAddons change from false to true but all I get is a "Print Preview Error"="An error occurred while printing" and I still get a blank page - blank data.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox 58.0 Print=Blank Data

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Luap

Post by Luap »

No it doesn't. It prints as itg use to.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

disable the half of extension and test again, if success, go further or switch.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

When things work properly in Safe Mode but not in Standard Mode it often indicates that an installed extension is causing problems. Try Brummelchen's suggestion or disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension (or extensions) and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
Luap

Post by Luap »

These are all MY extensions and the problem continues if ALL are "Disabled"
Flash and Video Download
Personas Plus
Sticky Password extension

These are ALL MY plugins and the problem contues if they are "Never Activate"
Shockwave Flash
Open Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc (From Mozilla)
Widevine Content Decryption Module Provided by Google Inc ?

So with ALL extensions and ALL addons not active the problem still persists.
therube

Post by therube »

Perhaps, Everything I print out from Firefox is blank. I can print out in IE8.

(You could test to see if a new, clean Profile to see if that prints as expected prior to doing the above, if you wanted.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Luap

Post by Luap »

Thanks theru. I did go ahead and try it just to be sure although I expected the pristine profile to work and it did.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

was your used profile an upgrade from v56 > v57 > v58? there exist remnants from the non-quantum builds which can cause so many issues.
Luap

Post by Luap »

Very hard to say. Most are automatic updates/upgrades. Current date of C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox folder is 2012-11-05. Current date of C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox folder is 2016-11-30. Does and install delete these folder before a new install or just input to them. Since there is no install log it's difficult to say.
Luap

Post by Luap »

Well, I finally found the hard to find log "Show Update History". What I saw there wasn't nice. So my decision was to "get new". One of the failures was to a "pending" update which migrated from 32 to 64 bit. 64 bit would not install until the old Firefox was uninstalled. Anyway The new is installed the print issue is fixed. I guess we'll never know just what exactly caused the problem. Thanks for your help people.