Paypal Logon problem

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
JEFF---D

Paypal Logon problem

Post by JEFF---D »

When I click a link, (example-clicking 'Use PayPal' from a Ebay pay page), Seamonkey won't go. It has in the past for many years, but not any longer. This is what appears - a blank page with the header " about:blank - Sea Monkey " How do I get my former abilities back?
DanRaisch

Re: Paypal Logon problem

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JEFF---D wrote:When I click a link, (example-clicking 'Use PayPal' from a Ebay pay page), Seamonkey won't go.
Works OK for me.

Sometimes on EBay you have to reload the page and select PayPal again to get their fancy PayPal UI to come up. That must affect everyone as it is EBay who are telling you to do that, if the PayPal stuff doesn't come up 1st go.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
JEFF---D

Post by JEFF---D »

I will try the Safe Mode approach next opportunity, but still am puzzled as to what caused this problem to start
JEFF---D

Post by JEFF---D »

DanRaisch wrote:Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
-----------------------------------------------
Using "Mozilla Safe Mode" let me log on. Actually I was able to log on to PP the next day,(1/26/18), in the standard manner, then today
(1/31/18) the issue cropped up again when attempting to make a PP Credit payment. Using the Safe Mode I was able to log on to PP & complete the trans action.
I see this disables all add-ons, is there a specfic add-on that is causing this problem?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
JEFF---D

Post by JEFF---D »

DanRaisch wrote:Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
OK, I'll give that a shot & see what happens & report back. Thanks
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

JEFF---D wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
You can start with ADBlock and/or NoScript... :-"
--
JEFF---D

Post by JEFF---D »

TPR75 wrote:
JEFF---D wrote:
You can start with ADBlock and/or NoScript... :-"
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, any/all suggestions are appreciated !!
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

JEFF---D wrote:
TPR75 wrote: You can start with ADBlock and/or NoScript... :-"
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, any/all suggestions are appreciated !!
Check cookie permissions. It must be "Allow" for both:
paypal.com
paypalobjects.com (it's third party cookie)
--