Two Instances of Thunderbird Running with One Klick

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
KPC6NDB

Two Instances of Thunderbird Running with One Klick

Post by KPC6NDB »

This AM after trying to fix an IMAP problem (error box popped up reporting too many connections) I shutdown TB and restarted it. Two exact instances appeared on the screen. Tried several times re-starting/shutting down TB - no help.

Finally shut down PC and re-started. Same thing. Task Manager shows two instances running as well. If I shut down one of them both shut down.

This started with v52.5.2 (I think) then TB updated to 52.6.0 whilst shutting down & re-starting and still does it. ????

Don
DanRaisch

Re: Two Instances of Thunderbird Running with One Klick

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.

Not seeing that here with 52.6.0. How are you launching Thunderbird, from a desktop shortcut? Have you checked the properties for that shortcut?
morat

Post by morat »

KPC6NDB

Post by KPC6NDB »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to Thunderbird Support.

Not seeing that here with 52.6.0. How are you launching Thunderbird, from a desktop shortcut? Have you checked the properties for that shortcut?
From an icon the task bar. The two instances appeared with the earlier v52.5.0(?) whilst I was investigating the IMAP error warning and continued when TB self updated. No problems until today. Did not do any changes/updates/deletions to the PC software/hardware.

Don
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I've run both 52.5.x and now 52.6.0 and have not seen the issue you are reporting.
See the recommendation posted above by morat.
KPC6NDB

Post by KPC6NDB »

DanRaisch wrote:I've run both 52.5.x and now 52.6.0 and have not seen the issue you are reporting.
See the recommendation posted above by morat.
I couldn't find the referenced "MinimizeToTray Plus" in "Tools -> Add-Ons" in morat's message.

So just happened to right klick on one of the TB instances on the task bar. I then klicked on "-Minimise" in the menu that came up. and that instance went away!

Shutdown TB and then restarted with only one instance! Happy daze are here again!

Cheers,

Don