facebook videos will not play in FF but play in Chrome

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
pentaxk3user

facebook videos will not play in FF but play in Chrome

Post by pentaxk3user »

Hi no videos will play in facebook when I use firefox but they work in chrome . what do I need to do to make videos play from facebook in firefox ? I have a vista computer. Firefox is up to date . youtube videos will play in firefox . The only place videos will not play is in facebook in firefox . I did the reset and opened ff in safe mode and still the video's in facebook will not play . I deleted fire fox from the computer along with the Maintenance service hoping that would give me a fresh start ,but when I installed fire fox and started it back up everything was the same even the history did not change . A message was at the bottom about a refresh so I did the refresh . After all that I went back into facebook and it still won't play any videos in facebook . I then did a restart of the computer and started firefox I then typed in facebook on the google page . I though since I have never saved my facebook pass word I would have to enter my password but fire fox started facebook up . Still no video playing in facebook . I logged out of facebook and then back in and still no videos will play . The videos don't give any type of message ,once I click on the play arrow it goes black and you see a white thing going in a small circle for only a few turns and then it goes back to the photo of the video with the start arrow . Its as if its thinking about it but decides not to play the video . I tried shutting down antivirus but firefox still won't let facebook video play .I then cleared all history and deleted both the maintenance service along with firefox 52.6.0 again . and it rebooted my computer . I once again installed firefox . I put in my pass word to open facebook and tried another video and it still won't start a video . Its doing the same thing . At the bottom once again the Looks like you've reinstalled firefox. Want us to clean it up for a fresh,like-new experience? So I clicked the refresh firefox again . Once it stared up again I went back into facebook and still it won't play any videos . While firefox was still running I thought I would open Chrome at the same time and open facebook their ,sure enough the videos plasyed right away with no problems at all . I did notice something different . In firefox the videos in facebook went to the videos facebook page with out starting the videos on my home page oe news feed page . In chrome it the video played on the news feed page and didn't switch to another page . Why would firefox make the video in facebook go to another page to view a video and still not start the video ?
Last edited by pentaxk3user on February 1st, 2018, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Re: facebook videos will not play in FF but play in Chrome

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
pentaxk3user

Post by pentaxk3user »

I don't know what else I can do .
James

Post by James »