Firefox 58 home page slow

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bevelman

Firefox 58 home page slow

Post by bevelman »

For some reason it takes 20 -30 secs to load the home page when I start firefox. It does not appear to have anything to do with the actual home page. Google is as slow to load as anything. Once started, it performs as expected, less than 2 secs to load the home page.When I create a new profile, the problem goes away with that profile.
Any ideas as to how to "fix" my profile??
TIA Greg
allande

Re: Firefox 58 home page slow

Post by allande »

If you do a Firefox refresh/reset, a lot of things are lost, but some things are kept. Your extensions and extension settings are lost, but it does keep your bookmarks, and history. Don't rush into it, think about it first:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings
There are other methods you could use instead.
therube

Post by therube »

It's possible that A Bad 'Safebrowsing' Causes High CPU Usage & Slow Startup Times.

Exit FF.
Rename existing /safebrowsing/ directory to /safebrowsing.OLD/.

Start FF & see if that made a difference?
If it did, it would be interesting to know the names/dates of the files in .OLD.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
bevelman

Post by bevelman »

allande wrote:If you do a Firefox refresh/reset, a lot of things are lost, but some things are kept. Your extensions and extension settings are lost, but it does keep your bookmarks, and history. Don't rush into it, think about it first:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings
There are other methods you could use instead.
I checked my cpu usage and it was low, so I tried your solution and it worked.
Thanks,
Greg