thunderbird help more accounts

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Wouterkuyper

thunderbird help more accounts

Post by Wouterkuyper »

Hi there,

I havent been using Thunderbird fo very long, and i am still puzzled about some things. Hoping you can help me.

I just added another emailaddress, next to my gmail-address.

1) Can i gather the mails from both addresses in one inbox?
2) If i write an email, the standard from which it is sent is gmail. I want the standard to be my other address. How do i change that?
(i can see that i can chose it everytime i send a single mail, but i want the STANDARD choice to change)

Help is appreciated! thx
W
smsmith

Re: thunderbird help more accounts

Post by smsmith »

Fore Item 1:

At the top of the folder list, you should see a selector that probably reads "All Folders". Change it to Unified Folders. At the top of the new folder list you should see:

Inbox
Account Name 1
Account Name 2

The top level inbox is the combined inbox. The two account names are the inboxes for each individual account.

For Item 2:

Open the Account Settings. In the left hand side at the bottom, find Outgoing Server (SMTP) and click it. In the right hand side, you should see the two outgoing email addresses you have setup. Make the one you want to be the new default active by clicking it with you left mouse button, and then hit the Set Default button. If the Set Default button is grayed out, the account you selected is already the default account.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Wouterkuyper

Post by Wouterkuyper »

Found the second one, and solved, thx!

For the first one,...i don't see "all folders" anywhere. I got "local folders" and 3 addressrelated folders. Can you give me some more directions?
thx!
W
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

What version of Thunderbird are you using?

Try also from the menu, View -> Folders -> Unified. If you do not see the menubar, hit the ALT key on your keyboard to unhide it.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Wouterkuyper

Post by Wouterkuyper »

smsmith wrote:What version of Thunderbird are you using?

Try also from the menu, View -> Folders -> Unified. If you do not see the menubar, hit the ALT key on your keyboard to unhide it.
That works perfect, thx for the help!
W