FF memory keeps growing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Brummelchen

Re: FF memory keeps growing

Post by Brummelchen »

i never used the chromium task manager, i had no reason. but i am not sure if chromium offers similar like about:memory which is idd very powerful for memory analysis.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

smsmith wrote:I recently identified an issue with Forecastfox (fixed version). The author claims it was fixed in v1.14, but I was still seeing abnormal usage with it. Have that one installed?

And by abnormal, I mean each page load was adding 400 to 500 MB to my memory usage and it was taking quite a while for that memory to be released. It would regularly lock up the browser and the machine.
You're threadjacking my topic. ForecastFox is irrelevant to my problem.
@KevinMcFarlane too
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

DanRaisch wrote:
There are other differences, number of bookmarks, 1400 to about 100. Probably amount of history saved.
Certainly those are differences between the two profiles, but they would not effect memory usage in the way you observed, increasing periodically during a given session.
So I'm testing my extensions, starting with the last ones updated in my profile. But one is identified only with an alphanumeric string, and I don't know what it is.
{FBF6D7FB-F305-4445-BB3D-FEF66579A033}.xpi
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Sorry, LoveMyFoxy, for the threadjack.

That appears it might be multirow bookmarks.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

That's like magic. Is there a master list somewhere?
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:That's like magic. Is there a master list somewhere?
No list I'm aware of but my usual trick is to 'google' the number string including the brackets... that will generally give the name of the addon.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

That's exactly what I did. Put it in the old google machine.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're threadjacking my topic. ForecastFox is irrelevant to my problem.
@KevinMcFarlane too
Actually, they are not. They were identifying possible causes of your problem by noting an extension that was problematic for them.