Extensions sudden become in compatible

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stephm

Extensions sudden become in compatible

Post by stephm »

Recently, with Firefox 59, I have experienced all my extensions becoming disabled as incompatible.

When I reload the extension -- with exactly the same version (using downloaded files) -- the reinstall without complaint.

Anyone have any idea why Firefox would spontaneously decide that valid extensions are no longer valid?
DanRaisch

Re: Extensions sudden become in compatible

Post by DanRaisch »

Legacy extensions have been incompatible since version 57 so it's surprising that you haven't noticed this previously. Only Web Extensions (using a different development model) can be used in Firefox versions 57 and above. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3037817

Also, as version 58.0.2 is currently the newest release version, you seem to be using a beta version of the browser so extension compatibility would have potentially been problematic anyway. Is there are reason you are using a beta version?
stephm

Post by stephm »

The extension in question _are_ web extensions, not legacy extensions. (I am not entirely stupid ;->.)

And the odd bit is that they first pass, and then don't pass the compatibility check.

I will check about the Firefox version -- I thought I was using the default version for Mac.
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

What extensions are you using?