Two Identical User NAmes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Uncleduke

Two Identical User NAmes

Post by Uncleduke »

I have one site I use, and it is now offering two identical User Names. So I have to select one before it automatically enters my password. I would like to delete one of the User Names, but don't know how.

Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey
Frank Lion

Re: Two Identical User NAmes

Post by Frank Lion »

Just go to Passwords in Preferences/Options, select the site and remove the username you don't want.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Uncleduke

Post by Uncleduke »

Thanks a bunch. Uncle Dewey
Uncleduke

Post by Uncleduke »

I have been locked out of a message that is different than this problem. I have site which automatically enters my password, but each time I have to enter my User ID. How can I get the User ID entered automatically?

Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Uncleduke wrote:I have been locked out of a message that is different than this problem. I have site which automatically enters my password, but each time I have to enter my User ID. How can I get the User ID entered automatically?

Normally, doing what you did is enough and that's the end of it. In this case I think you have left the password side for that site a bit confused and not sure about the number of entries it has for it.

What you need to do, is to go back into the Password Manager and make an exact written note of your username and password for that site and then delete that entry as well. Then restart to be on the safe side.

Go to the site, manually login and the Remember? dropdown will appear. Answer 'Yes' and you should be OK for automatic fill in on that site after that.

Even if this is a different site to your original problem, the above routine will still be an effective solution, certainly in the past.

Note: I have noticed a few, not many, recent reports about users having the same trouble on random sites. This might just be the same stuff or possibly a sign of some weird bug. Either way, grabbing your username and passwords for these sites is no bad thing.

Personally, I don't like any password stuff playing up, so I'd be going into the profile (Help>Trouble Shoot>Open Folder, etc and grabbing the key4.db and logins.json files, even at this stage. Those are the 2 parts to your password side.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Uncleduke

Post by Uncleduke »

I have diligently worked on making certain I was saving the web site so it would automatically enter the User Name, but without success. The bookmark has all the information needed to get the USER ID displayed. However, when I go to Options the Site info only has the basic site info without the info needed to enter the User ID.

http://www.safeway.com rather than

http://www.safeway.com/?FullSite=Y&storeId=713

Uncle Dewey