Unified folders, location (files)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BreezeUADN

Unified folders, location (files)

Post by BreezeUADN »

Heya, do someone know where (list of file(s)) TB stores unified Inbox folder settings?
tanstaafl

Re: Unified folders, location (files)

Post by tanstaafl »

view -> folders -> unified uses ..\mail\smart mailboxs and the virtualfolders.dat file.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unified_Folders_not_working if your problem is the unified folders aren't working correctly.
BreezeUADN

Post by BreezeUADN »

Thanks! nope, it's not that they aren't working, - I needed an advanced account management (it's really a must-have when you have 200+ accounts and 30 users that use 20-30 accounts from those 200, and request their account list to be changed/updated on a daily basis) so I made a small piece of software that does just that. One can make a profile, select/unselect a number of accounts for that profile, order them, move mail accounts between profiles, generate a signature via templates, etc. etc. Basically by manipulating stuff like mail.accountmanager.accounts inside prefs.js, and additionally manipulating login/pass data in *.db and logins.json and some other files... Well in short one of the still missing features is that unified folders Inbox settings aren't changing after updating prefs.js sooooo even if I have all the inboxes of profile accounts shown and working, the unified inbox still displays only the inboxes that had been "ticked" on before I update prefs.js. untill I go inside the unified inbox options and select all the new inboxes that had been added/modified. Other than that all seems to be working as intended.
Last edited by BreezeUADN on February 12th, 2018, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BreezeUADN

Post by BreezeUADN »

p.s. seeing how the unified folders work I understand that it has been slammed on top of the existing functionality as an ugly crutch, but, eh, we should use what we have eh :)