(Resolved) Deleting messages

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: Deleting messages

Post by DanRaisch »

the signature? It shows "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; etc."
That's not your forum signature but the browsers User Agent String. If you're interested, see https://www.howtogeek.com/114937/htg-ex ... ser-agent/

For the moment you don't seem to have forum signature, although I see you had one in posts above.
PennsyNut

Post by PennsyNut »

Hello. Guess what? The deleted messages came back. I repeat. How do you permanently delete messages? I tried just "marking" them as trash, i.e. where it shows a little red "X" and leaves them there. I couldn't get rid of them. So, I reverted back to "when marked as Trash, delete immediately. That didn't work. Now what? I did delete them in Gmail. That cleared out a bunch of OLD messages/prior to Jan 2017. The messages marked "save" in some way, are all still there. No problem. But on Tb, I still have messages from 2009 thru 2016 that I need to get rid of. Please tell me what to do. Step by step if necessary. This is getting to be so frustrating, and I can't drink alcohol. LOL
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Which Folders are the files in which won't go away? (Ex: Trash, Junk archive?)
If these are files not stored local need to somehow have a way of deleting the files from those servers or contact the maintainers of those servers.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
PennsyNut

Post by PennsyNut »

All these messages are for my Gmail accounts. They have all been deleted from the online Gmail. I can't get them off Tb. So I don't know what you mean. As I said. I transferred all to Trash and tried to delete from there. That didn't work. I tried deleting them from each and every file/folder/label (what ever the heck they are called) and I'm not understanding "local". If you mean any folder under gmail, yes. I have deleted every instance of those messages I could find on Tb. EVERY FILE/FOLDER. They just won't go away.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Stored locally would be on your system and not the Gmail servers.
If you are offline do the messages appear or do they only repeat when online?
This would indicate whether the files are local or being resent by the Google servers and you need to contact Google.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
PennsyNut

Post by PennsyNut »

This is strange. I got on the PC today and all is well. ?? Thanks Grumpus for what "Local" means. I should have known that. But at my age, might have simply forgot. I will try going offline and "returning" to online and see what happens. Just for another check/balance. Over and OUT. Morgan
PennsyNut

Post by PennsyNut »

Final. Now working correctly. This is closed.