No address when forwarding

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
yinyong

No address when forwarding

Post by yinyong »

I love TB and have been using it for many years (and also Firefox)... Anytime a new versión of TB comes out I try it, but I find always the same bug (maybe it has others but I didn't noticed!). I have installed the recent 52.6.0 and the first I test is this: to answer an email. When the answer window pops up, there is no address!!! (I should put it manually!). Luckily I always have the 45.8.0 installer at hand and once more I downgrade TB. I wonder why the TB guys don't fix that once for all. Or maybe I haven't find the right hidden option for geting that. Please tell if I'm wrong with this or I'm the only one having this bug. Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: No address when forwarding

Post by DanRaisch »

Please tell if I'm wrong with this or I'm the only one having this bug.
OK, you're wrong. We're not seeing reports of that in any numbers so it's not necessarily a bug in the program but could be a conflict with extensions or settings.
Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

The add-on Display Contact Photo is known for causing this issue in Thunderbird 52.x.x
See the recent reviews https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... o/reviews/
yinyong

Post by yinyong »

Thanks, I'll check that!
yinyong

Post by yinyong »

So, that's the problem! Contact Photo! Well, that seems a(nother) good reason to me for holding in v 45.8. Also because of Contact Side bar which became incompatible with the newest versions! Thanks a lot for the tips and for clearing things up.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Also because of Contact Side bar which became incompatible with the newest versions! Thanks a lot for the tips and for clearing things up.
No need for an extension to display contacts in a side bar in Thunderbird's more recent version. Just press F9 when in the composition window, or use menu path View->Contact Sidebar in that same window.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

DanRaisch wrote: No need for an extension to display contacts in a side bar in Thunderbird's more recent version.
yinyong uses the "Contacts Sidebar" add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... s-sidebar/ which allows to display address books and addresses in Thunderbird's folder pane.