SeaMonkey 2.49.2 is on the way

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Re: SeaMonkey 2.49.2 is on the way

Post by Frank Lion »

frg wrote:Frank, I looked at the crashes and they are all over the place.
Thanks for looking.

Yep, in my (limited) experience of this side, scattergun crashes point more to the local environment (hardware/drivers/user profile) rather than the build itself.

This is a quad boot PC, each with a couple of browsers on them and this is the only build that is crashing. One of the OSs is really old (not this one) and that's OK, even though the Nvidia stuff must be well outdated on that. That said, I've found some upgradable Nvidia bits for this distro, so I've updated it.

I reckon new profile, transfer over essential stuff and then add extensions 3 at a time (I think I only have 9 or 10 anyway) and I bet it's one of those extensions. Needless to say, no crashes have happened on this 2.49.1.

Finally, can you confirm that this Release build of 2.49.2 is the SM ESR build?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

> Finally, can you confirm that this Release build of 2.49.2 is the SM ESR build?

ewong didn't indicate that a second build is needed. He is now verifiying it. I think this one is it. If not any followup build would contain no source changes and behave identical.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:> Finally, can you confirm that this Release build of 2.49.2 is the SM ESR build?

ewong didn't indicate that a second build is needed. He is now verifiying it. I think this one is it. If not any followup build would contain no source changes and behave identical.
frg,

This build is based on Fx 52.6?

Tks,

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
frg

Post by frg »

> This build is based on Fx 52.6?

Yes. Latest and greatest so far.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:> This build is based on Fx 52.6?

Yes. Latest and greatest so far.
frg,

Thanks, appreciate.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Pim

Post by Pim »

The 2.49.2 is now live, but the 64 bit Linux build is not OK. The download tar.bz2 file is only 24.1 MB in size and it won't open.
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#contrib

Is this a known problem? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
If you go directly to the storage site https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/r ... _64/en-US/, the version there is OK.
Groetjes, Pim
frg

Post by frg »

Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

ElTxolo wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote:.... Are the Composer insertion, copy/paste, etc. capabilities that were a problem with 2.49.1 fixed in 2.49.2? I was advised to wait until 2.49.2 when the fix should be operable.
Thanks, it's good to know the fix was implemented, but I'm still nervous before updating.

Can anyone say if the fix actually solves the problem?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
frg

Post by frg »

> Can anyone say if the fix actually solves the problem?

I broke it I fixed it (and tested it too). Backup your profile to be on the safe side and just upgrade. Should be way better than 2.48.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

f, thanks.

I haven't had time to learn how to do SM backups, but I'll forge ahead with the update.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete