HELP! SOS... Googles Homepage is freezing Firefox...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tsoilihoi

HELP! SOS... Googles Homepage is freezing Firefox...

Post by tsoilihoi »

This morning firefox froze on www.google.com.. I went to work and the same thing happens on the work win 10 machine.
I reinstalled firefox, deleting appdata sections and registry references... started the new firefox. I was not signed in to google or firefox account and then navigated to www.google.com... The browser became unresponsive. Keyboard and Mouse. A microsoft tech came onboard and experienced the same thing. Turned off the antivirus and there is no firewall features to block a particular site. Ad block is off. I reformatted the first computer with an acronis image from last week. Same issue on both machines. I have to end task on firefox to close out.

I'll try private browsing and see if the same thing happens, but www.google.com is messing up and I am not signed on to the firefox account or the google account.
PB
tsoilihoi

Re: HELP! SOS... Googles Homepage is freezing Firefox...

Post by tsoilihoi »

Same thing with private browsing.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not seeing any such problems here with Firefox 58.0.2 under Win 10.

When you reinstalled Firefox, did you first delete the installation directory under C:\Program Files (or C:\Program Files (x86)?
Which antivirus is that?
You said that "there is no firewall features to block a particular site" but what firewall (if any) is active?

How did that Microsoft tech become involved?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

tsoilihoi wrote:This morning firefox froze on http://www.google.com.. I went to work and the same thing happens on the work win 10 machine.
Set your homepage to another site (a non-Google one) and try again and then please let us know if you still have this problem.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)