Twitter embeds don't fully render any more

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
miss_kitty

Twitter embeds don't fully render any more

Post by miss_kitty »

I don't know what I did, or if it happened during an update, but twitter embeds quit fully rendering in website posts. I get text only with the links, but not the style. I can see them in twitter, have tried with the ABP turned off, and I just can't get them to render.

Is there any idea as to what happened here?
Windows 10
RobertJ

Re: Twitter embeds don't fully render any more

Post by RobertJ »

Example?

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

RobertJ wrote:.
Example?

I don't know how to show you. It's a no-style kind of deal, just text. I did a screen print. but don't know how to show you here.
Windows 10
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

miss_kitty wrote:Ibut twitter embeds quit fully rendering in website posts.
Website post you referred to?

miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

You want a link? It won't do for you what it does for me, unless it was the last update https://crooksandliars.com/2018/02/here ... er-roundup
So excuse my dragging politics into here.
The stuff not coming up is the background, the borders, the avatars...it actually speeds up loading w/o that, but I need to know what kind of futzing around caused this.
The post is an example. It's universal, all twitter embeds in all posts at all sites.
Windows 10
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I don't do twitter but this showed up fine for me on that site using FF58.0.2

pic.twitter.com/lAh677B6t9

I also found a number of other sites where the twitter embeds show up fine. I verified by viewing in Chrome and Safari. You may have to wait for someone who knows something about Twitter embeds to come along.

miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

I don't do twitter but this showed up fine for me on that site using FF58.0.2

pic.twitter.com/lAh677B6t9

I also found a number of other sites where the twitter embeds show up fine. I verified by viewing in Chrome and Safari. You may have to wait for someone who knows something about Twitter embeds to come along.

Ok. It's a setting in my browser. Because I tried in the ultra slow messed up IE, which renders them fine. The page just takes an eon to load--dial up speed.

But I don't know where and the page that discusses images not loading http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_ani ... o_not_load seems to be out of date on the paths and instructions on how to check this stuff "In Firefox, look under "Tools -> Options -> Content" and Make sure that "Load images automatically" is checked." There is no path to 'Content' and option search said there was no "Load images" phrase at all in 'Options'.

Thanks for giving it a go :D
Windows 10
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

To go back to normal mode just quit FF and restart.

miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

To go back to normal mode just quit FF and restart.

I only have ABP, which was the first thing I checked turned off yesterday. However, opening in safe mode with everything off, I still have no style in the twitter embeds. I also checked about:config and the permissions deal for images is set at 1, where it should be. Excuse me while I head back to unsafe mode. :)
Windows 10
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Try creating a temporary test profile

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows

miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

Ok. This looks like it will take me awhile, but I'll get on it.
Windows 10
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

miss_kitty wrote:You want a link? It won't do for you what it does for me, unless it was the last update https://crooksandliars.com/2018/02/here ... er-roundup
So excuse my dragging politics into here.
The stuff not coming up is the background, the borders, the avatars...it actually speeds up loading w/o that, but I need to know what kind of futzing around caused this.
The post is an example. It's universal, all twitter embeds in all posts at all sites.

Did you by chance turn on Firefox Tracking Protection ? I saw no embeds on that site until I turned it off for that site.
options->privacy&security-> tracking protection. Default is 'only in private windows'
Unless you something got into Full time Private browsing.
miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

TheVisitor wrote:Did you by chance turn on Firefox Tracking Protection ? I saw no embeds on that site until I turned it off for that site.
options->privacy&security-> tracking protection. Default is 'only in private windows'
That's exactly what I did. I would have answered sooner, but the 'create a new profile' task never goes smoothly for me, I lost the profile, I was kicked out, tried to re-register twice, and totally kicked out both tries. Just as I was doing that, you were handing me the the answer. And I finally found my damned profile. Thanks!

And thanks everybody! :D
Windows 10
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

miss_kitty wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:Did you by chance turn on Firefox Tracking Protection ? I saw no embeds on that site until I turned it off for that site.
That's exactly what I did. I would have answered sooner, but the 'create a new profile' task never goes smoothly for me, I lost the profile, I was kicked out, tried to re-register twice, and totally kicked out both tries. Just as I was doing that, you were handing me the the answer. And I finally found my damned profile. Thanks!

And thanks everybody! :D
Your Welcome =D>