My arrow to go back is gone

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LadyTaz

My arrow to go back is gone

Post by LadyTaz »

Since the upgrade, I seem to have lost the arrow that allows me to go back (return) to the previous page I was on.
Can anyone tell me how I can get it back?
I would appreciate any help. Thank you
DanRaisch

Re: My arrow to go back is gone

Post by DanRaisch »

Click on the "hamburger" button (a stack of three horizontal lines at the right end of the toolbar) and select "Customize" from the menu that displays. The "Back" arrow should be in the palette displayed. Drag and drop that to the position of your choice on the toolbar.
LadyTaz

Post by LadyTaz »

I already looked at the customize and there is no "back" arrow there.
Is it somewhere else?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LadyTaz wrote:I already looked at the customize and there is no "back" arrow there.
Is it somewhere else?
See what happens in SafeMode - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

The back button is one of the ones that is not supposed to be moved off the Navigation Bar. If it reappears in SafeMode, then an extension (addon) is probably causing this problem.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LadyTaz

Post by LadyTaz »

I ran my firefox in safe mode and everything is the same. The back button is still not there and it is still not in the customize.
I don't remember if I told you, but I tried re-installing my firefox to get the "back" button again. and that didn't work either.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LadyTaz wrote:I ran my firefox in safe mode and everything is the same. The back button is still not there and it is still not in the customize.
I don't remember if I told you, but I tried re-installing my firefox to get the "back" button again. and that didn't work either.
Providing you have no special customisations and only bookmarks and passwords on your profile, then probably the next step would be 'Refresh', found via Help > Troubleshooting.

You'll still have your bookmarks and passwords afterwards, but it pretty well clears everything else out (it does put the extra stuff in a folder on Desktop though)

We only ever suggest doing Refresh for users who don't have much in their profiles. If that's not you, then we have other solutions, but they involve a fair bit more work.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you try Restore Defaults or possibly reset browser.uiCustomization.state on the about:config page?