Merging Sent Folders.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Frank Lion

Merging Sent Folders.

Post by Frank Lion »

How do I merge various Sent Folders that I have from various T/Bird installations on different OSs? I want to merge them all into just 1 chronological order folder.

Thanks.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DanRaisch

Re: Merging Sent Folders.

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you working with IMAP or POP accounts, or perhaps a mix of both?

If IMAP, you can export the messages from the Sent folder to an mbox file using Klades extension -- https://freeshell.de/~kaosmos/mboximport-en.html Once you have the mbox files, you can use the same extension to import those files into the target profile, directly into the Sent folder if it's a POP account. If the target account is IMAP, first import to a sub-folder of Local Folders then move the messages from there to the IMAP Sent folder.

If the source accounts are POP, you can copy the Sent file and rename it to Sent1, Sent2, etc. Copy those into the Local Folders structure of the target account while TB is closed and they should be accessible when you launch that TB installation. The messages can then be moved to the account's Sent folder.

On the assumption that you'll wind up with duplicate messages, this extension might be of interest -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... te/?src=ss
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Many thanks.
DanRaisch wrote:Are you working with IMAP or POP accounts, or perhaps a mix of both?
Err, all POP accounts...I think.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome, and good luck.