Composer image problem

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Peter Creasey

Composer image problem

Post by Peter Creasey »

This may be the same problem as before or perhaps different.

When an image is inserted (using the Composer Insert option) into a Composer document it appears there okay.

However, for the whole document <select all> <copy> <paste>, the images are not pasted with the document into the new location. The text is pasted fine, but the image locations in the document just have empty boxes.

Can there be a work-around for this problem?

[EDITED TO ADD] If the image is <copy> <pasted> into Composer then the image does move over with the document text in the <select all> <copy> <paste> sequence.

Thanks!
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
isaacschemm

Re: Composer image problem

Post by isaacschemm »

Do the images have relative paths?
For an .html file that's saved to a different folder (or not saved yet) that would probably cause problems with the images.

If you copy and paste an image into Composer, I think it stores the image data as base64 in the .html page itself, which avoids those kinds of issues (although it increases page load time.)
Peter Creasey

Re: Composer image problem

Post by Peter Creasey »

[quote="isaacschemm"]Do the images have relative paths?

i, thanks for replying, but your question is beyond my knowledge level.

In Composer, I clicked on the Insert option at the top, browsed to the image, and effectuated the insertion. It looked fine in the Composer page, but then the <select all> <copy> <paste> only pasted the text in the target location and the image positions in the document were just empty boxes.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete