Add files/folders to the task bar please? = SORTED

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
madmudmob

Add files/folders to the task bar please? = SORTED

Post by madmudmob »

I have worked out how to get bookmarks of sites down into the Firefox icon in the task bar. I drag them from a Firefox page to the Desktop and then drag them into the Firefox icon on the bar at the bottom. That way I can right click the icon and choose which site I would like to open Firefox with.

All well and good and chuffed with myself for working out how to do it. However, it doesn't work with files/folders. For instance my Stories folder I have as a sub folder in Other Bookmarks or one in the list of stuff in the drop down menu both from the Bookmark icon in my Navigation bar.
I drag them to the Desktop but they do not appear there.

Could someone tell me please if there is a way around this? If it is possible to add folders/files to the Firefox icon in the bottom (Task) bar or is it only Bookmarked pages I can add there?
Last edited by madmudmob on March 11th, 2018, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mud is good!
Gingerbread Man

Re: Add files/folders to the FF icon in the task bar please?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

madmudmob wrote:I have worked out how to get bookmarks of sites down into the Firefox icon in the task bar. I drag them from a Firefox page to the Desktop
That's not necessary. You can drag bookmarks directly from either the Library window or the bookmarks menu. You can also drag the (i) icon on the left side of the address bar.
madmudmob wrote:If it is possible to add folders/files to the Firefox icon in the bottom (Task) bar
No, you can't pin folders to the Firefox taskbar icon. That's only possible for the File Explorer icon. There's also a trick to pin the folders directly to the taskbar.
Yes, you can pin files to the Firefox taskbar icon.
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Thankyou .... dumb question coming:
how do I know what is a file and what a folder please?
Mud is good!
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

well, he might speaking of bookmark folders within the library - which is not possible the way you pin single bookmarks as links. maybe with scriptlets which i dont use nor prefer. pin your favorit bookmark folders to the bookmarks bar - where they belong and was intended from mozilla - as other users also do.
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Thankyou .... never used the Bookmarks bar so it didn't occur to me but that's a great idea :)
Mud is good!