Userstyles.org not displaying

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Infernoflower1

Userstyles.org not displaying

Post by Infernoflower1 »

Hello, I'm trying to display userstyles.org in Firefox, and I'm just getting a blank page. Any idea what could be causing this?
DanRaisch

Re: Userstyles.org not displaying

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support. That site loads OK after permitting scripts to run.

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
Infernoflower1

Post by Infernoflower1 »

I've tried starting it in Safe Mode, and userstyles loads just fine there, so it must be one of my add-ons that's causing the problem. Any idea which one, and how can I fix it?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Not knowing which extensions you are running....How would anyone know which is causing the error?

Perhaps if you listed them?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Infernoflower1

Post by Infernoflower1 »

The add-ons I'm using are:

Application Menu 0.1.7.1
Avast Online Security 12.0.296
Avast SafePrice 12.0.579
Awesome RSS 1.2.3
Greasemonkey 4.2
New XKit 7.8.1
Reload in address bar 1.3
Stylish-Custom Themes For Any Website 3.0.3
Stylus-1.3.4
Tab Session Manager-2.1.1
uBlock Origin-1.15.10

And the plugins I'm using are:

OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. 1.7.1.
Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc. 1.4.8.1008
Shockwave Flash 28.0.0.161.

And I've tried disabling all of my add-ons except each one of the enabled add-ons listed above and restarting Firefox and loading UserStyles, and it disables fine. What do you think could be causing this?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And I've tried disabling all of my add-ons except each one of the enabled add-ons listed above and restarting Firefox and loading UserStyles, and it disables fine. What do you think could be causing this?
OK, that's a terribly confusing response. You don't identify any of the add-ons as being enabled, but then refer to "disabling all except each one of the enabled add-ons list". What was supposed to be identified as enabled?

You then refer to restarting Firefox and loading UserStyles and say "it disables fine". Did you mean that it "displays" fine?

I suggest you use the procedure I posted above to work through the installed extensions and identify the problem in that way.
Infernoflower1

Post by Infernoflower1 »

Whoops, I meant to say "it displays fine" and I tried working through each of the add-ons and UserStyles displayed fine for each of them. Do you think one of the plugins could be causing the problem?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, we've seen this type of thing before. Disabling the extensions and re-enabling them is sometimes enough to resolve some minor problems.
Infernoflower1

Post by Infernoflower1 »

Thanks. Disabling them all, reopening Firefox and enabling all of them again without closing and opening Firefox seems to have solved the problem.