this file came from another computer and might be blocked

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Grim

this file came from another computer and might be blocked

Post by Grim »

How do i stop Firefox52 from tagging my personal files. I can take care of my own security, i do not need or want a browser to do this.

Thankyou.
Is Ye Alreet
Frank Lion

Re: this file came from another computer and might be blocke

Post by Frank Lion »

Grim wrote:How do i stop Firefox52 from tagging my personal files. I can take care of my own security, i do not need or want a browser to do this.

Thankyou.
Pity you can't take care of your knowledge of the Windows OS as well - https://appuals.com/fix-this-file-came- ... e-blocked/
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Grim

Post by Grim »

Due to my high security & privacy settings that website dont work in my FF21 or FF52, try another one.
Is Ye Alreet
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Grim wrote:Due to my high security & privacy settings that website dont work in my FF21 or FF52, try another one.
Dream on.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Due to my high security & privacy settings that website dont work in my FF21 or FF52
good joke - offer more please :mrgreen:

](*,)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The point is that this is an operating system message and is not a Firefox issue.

Moving this to MozillaZine Tech.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Dan. I have never seen this before, it maybe an OS thing but this new FF52 i am using is causing the OS feature to appear, i downloaded a file from the same website & when i download with FF21 this OS security feature does not appear. I have always used FF & due to new features added to FF i have stuck with FF21 but am coming across websites now that do not work, i tried FF57 but it does nothing, wont start. I will continue to use FF21 for as long as possible as i will continue to use WinXP as long as possible for the same reasons i still use FF21.
If FF21 does not tag downloaded files like this & FF52 does then it is definately a security feature in FF52, i will ask again, is there a way to stop FF52 from tagging downloaded files, is it hardcoded or is there an about:config setting i can change.

Thankyou.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can't use the most current versions of Firefox (57, 58, and now 59) because you're running an obsolete operating system in Windows XP. Version 52.x ESR is the last that will run under XP. Running version 21 or any other older version is putting you at significant risk due to all of the security fixes that have been built into more recent versions of the browser. I believe you might be fighting one of those security updates with the Windows security and privacy settings you've chosen and don't know of any config setting to change that.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Thankyou Dan for the info.
Is Ye Alreet
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

There was an about:config entry called "browser.download.saveZoneInformation", that could be set to false to prevent this behaviour. However, I forget which versions of Firefox this works on, so it may or may not work for you.