TB drops out while typing

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jenpen25

TB drops out while typing

Post by jenpen25 »

When I open TB and write my first email, it will stop typing after a few words (I keep typing but I don't notice because I'm (shame) looking at the keyboard, not the screen). Then it picks up again. When I check my email there will be five or six words missing. What's happening?
DanRaisch

Re: TB drops out while typing

Post by DanRaisch »

What version of Thunderbird?
Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
jenpen25

Post by jenpen25 »

Sorry, I keep forgetting to launch in Safe Mode. I'll try to remember tomorrow! Thanks.
jenpen25

Post by jenpen25 »

I shut TBird down and reopened it, started writing a new email and had no problems. Then I put the computer to 'sleep'. Later came back, woke it up, went to write a new email, and it skipped a few words like before.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

jenpen25 wrote:Sorry, I keep forgetting to launch in Safe Mode. I'll try to remember tomorrow! Thanks.
And have you tried Safe Mode?
jenpen25

Post by jenpen25 »

Yes, should have said above when I said I shut down and reopened it, I reopened it in Safe Mode.
jenpen25

Post by jenpen25 »

I THINK I opened it in Safe mode ... I held down Shift and clicked on the icon and it opened but looked just the same.
toolong

Post by toolong »

jenpen25 wrote:I THINK I opened it in Safe mode ... I held down Shift and clicked on the icon and it opened but looked just the same.
If you held down the shift key the startup would have paused with a popup window and asked you what you wanted to do. So? My 'guess' is that you did not.

Try again.
jenpen25

Post by jenpen25 »

You're right, it wasn't in safe mode. I tried again and it worked. And no problems writing an email. I closed and reopened in normal mode - no problems again. I'll keep investigating ...