[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by Aris »

Not sure where you set your custom (?) shortcut, but you can try to use "classicthemerestorerjs.ctr.openContentPrefsInWin();" instead "openPreferences();"
I could add a shortcut to CTR too, but it would most likely override some other add-ons shortcut.
semigeek

Post by semigeek »

Many thanks Aris, that worked perfectly! Now I can just hit Ctrl-Shift-O and the CTR options window opens. (The add-on that allows creating this shortcut is the classic Dorando Keyconfig.)
Slim0815

Post by Slim0815 »

Hi Aris,

is there a way for me to edit the width of the Firefox button (with Stylish 2.1.1) or add an option in the CTR menu to allow a custom width?
Aris

Post by Aris »

You do not need Stylish for that. CTR has an own powerful CSS loader on its preference window.

Use the following code there.

Code: Select all

#ctraddon_appbutton2{
  min-width: 200px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #titlebar:not([hidden]) ~ * #toolbar-menubar {
  -moz-margin-start: 202px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar {
 -moz-padding-start: 106px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]) ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="false"] ~ #TabsToolbar {
 -moz-padding-start: 2px !important;
}
Adjust it depending on chosen button size, because tabs toolbar and menubar margins/paddings depend on it.
Slim0815

Post by Slim0815 »

Thanks for the reply, but your code didn't work for me tho. All it did was adding some space in front of the button but i found a way for modding that works for me. I just enlarged the button image in photoshop and the backround enlarged it self accordingly. I just have to replace the image PNG each time there will be a new version of CTR but i imagine that there won't be any or not much since the crappy WebExtensions route that mozilla has taken and the soon ending support of legacy add-ons for the ESR version of FF #sad
Aris

Post by Aris »

I only tested the code in CTRs default state on Fx56+W7. Things might be different on your end.
There won't be much CTR updates anymore, but the latest version 1.7.4 is still in review queue.

If someone still likes to use CTR, I suggest to switch to Waterfox or Basilisk and download CTR directly for Github. Both forks do not require add-on signing nonsense, updated add-ons can be installed and used immediately after I upload them. Furthermore you can extract, modify, repack and install CTR the way you like without getting "this add-on can not be installed, because it was not signed by AMO" headaches.
luke01

Post by luke01 »

Hi!
Is there some possibility to setup shape and size for tab close button like in version 1.2.0 (wich I use it untill Firefox update to 59)?
This CTR version don't work well with Fx 59 and I downloaded the last version 1.7.4 but I dont' see anymore those settings for "tab close button" (or maybe I don't know how to do it)
Thanks in advance!
Aris

Post by Aris »

CTR does not work with Firefox 57+ at all. You can find everything possible from CTR here for a userChrome.css setup: https://github.com/aris-t2/customcssforfx
Bruno Nascimento

Post by Bruno Nascimento »

Hey there. Could someone help me out with using custom "back-forward" button images? I'm trying to achieve this result in Waterfox:

http://i.imgur.com/xQD4CIo.png

(forget everything else as it is already resolved)

The pic is from firefox dev 60, and I achieved simply by replacing an image in the pack from Aris. Waterfox, however, has been more changeling: I'm using CTR to bring back the forward/back buttons, and tried using CTB for the buttons, modding and repacking it, but the results were far from satisfactory. Further, CTB doesn't give me the option for large icons, which limits things a lot. I tried inspecting the UI with browser toolbox, but really lost myself in the proccess.

How could one go as to modding the default BF buttons from CTR and apply to them the same rules as the 57+ CSS edits? (I'm using "custom_backforward_large_ff2.css" on Firefox, in case it matters).

Thx in advance;
luke01

Post by luke01 »

Aris wrote:CTR does not work with Firefox 57+ at all. You can find everything possible from CTR here for a userChrome.css setup: https://github.com/aris-t2/customcssforfx
I think my english is not enough good. It was about your code(css) version for classic theme, not the CTR addon wich ofcourse is not working with Fx 57+
Mean time I succeeded to change the style of "Tab close button" but not the size (with your last css version-1.7.6)
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Bruno Nascimento
Are you using default back/forward buttons or the "movable" ones CTR provides? Don't try to mix code from "CustomCSSforFx" project with Firefox/Waterfox 56. Although most of it was based on CTRs/CTBs code, it had to be rewritten to work in Fx57+.

I have tested Waterfox 56 on macOS 10.13 with CTB and could not find any reason why I hid the custom large back/forward buttons on macOS back then. Since my add-ons do not get reviewed on AMO anymore, I will not try to upload any updates there anymore (CMB 2.0 on hold for over two weeks, CTR 1.7.4 on hold for over one week).

As a quick workaround I can offer code to make those hidden CTB setting visible, so you can use large icons already present in CTB. Add this to CTRs preference windows custom CSS area:

.cstbbmenulist .cstbbwinlin {
  display: block !important;
}
Or you can test this build (Waterfox/Basilisk only)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpc8ph3hmxr8y2o/cstbb_v1601r1.xpi?dl=0

@luke01
You have to enabled "tab_close_icon_size.css" in userChrome.css and also edit "--tab_close_icons_size" inside config/general_variables.css to change the size of the tab close icon.
Bruno Nascimento

Post by Bruno Nascimento »

Aris wrote:@Bruno Nascimento
Are you using default back/forward buttons or the "movable" ones CTR provides? Don't try to mix code from "CustomCSSforFx" project with Firefox/Waterfox 56. Although most of it was based on CTRs/CTBs code, it had to be rewritten to work in Fx57+.

I have tested Waterfox 56 on macOS 10.13 with CTB and could not find any reason why I hid the custom large back/forward buttons on macOS back then. Since my add-ons do not get reviewed on AMO anymore, I will not try to upload any updates there anymore (CMB 2.0 on hold for over two weeks, CTR 1.7.4 on hold for over one week).

As a quick workaround I can offer code to make those hidden CTB setting visible, so you can use large icons already present in CTB. Add this to CTRs preference windows custom CSS area:
[snip]
Thank you, Aris!

I'm using the movable buttons CTR provides.

I used to mod CTBs images way back when (but for some reason or another I lost my old FF profile folder when Quantum launched, and then had to restart from scratch with Waterfox.

But I actually managed to get more or less the look I wanted by using this code and modding CTRs back and forward images:

#nav-bar .toolbarbutton-1
{
background: -moz-linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(242, 242, 242)) !important;
min-width: 1px !important;
max-width: 29px !important;
border-radius:5px !important;
margin-bottom: -1px !important;
margin-top: 2px !important;
 border: 1px solid #b2b1b2 !important;
opacity: 1.0 !important;
}
Regardless, thanks a lot. This CTB version will probably ensure me a more elegant solution. :)
luke01

Post by luke01 »

Many thanks, Aris!
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

I don't think this is/was part of CTR, but is there a way to use CSS to change the blue highlight of a dropdown box? I searched the web, and everything I find/try doesn't work. I was able to change text highlight, but can't for the life of me figure out how to change this: https://jsfiddle.net/w3a740jq/1091/ When you click on the text/down arrow, it shows a default blue. I'm trying to match the color I use for text highlight instead of the default blue. Any help would be appreciated.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
luke01

Post by luke01 »

But Aris, there is no "tab_close_icon_size.css" in userChrome.css